MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say this -

You can hospitalise a guy with a pretend effort to gain a ‘lift’ with your knee - accident - no case to answer.

You can cause a blood nose trying to break an illegal tackle, without looking at the player, and at waist height - accident but called intentional - and get a week.

Intentional or Careless has to do with the intention of the action at the time the Culprit chooses to do it. What happens after that will determine the Impact and location of the offence.
- The tackling player slipped and this brought his head down to waist height
Irrelevant to the Intentional ruling.
- the tackling player was actually ‘hanging on’ and Heeney’s clear intent was to clear the tackle, not strike the player
How did Heeney plan on 'clearing the tackle'? By Striking Webster.
-Heeney was not watching the tackling player at poc.
Irrelevant. If you're going to swing your fist make sure you don't clobber them in the head.

Intentional or Careless has to do with the intention of the action at the time the Culprit chooses to do it. What happens after that will determine the Impact and location of the offence.

Irrelevant to the Intentional ruling.

How did Heeney plan on 'clearing the tackle'? By Striking Webster.

Irrelevant. If you're going to swing your fist make sure you don't clobber them in the head.
If you think Heeney hit the tackler in the face deliberately, to clear a waist high grapple, - your deluded.

And the vision reveals it as an open hand - spec savers is open tomorrow.

I would say this -

You can hospitalise a guy with a pretend effort to gain a ‘lift’ with your knee - accident - no case to answer.

You can cause a blood nose trying to break an illegal tackle, without looking at the player, and at waist height - accident but called intentional - and get a week.
You really have just started watching AFL haven't you?

Let me break it down slower:

Do you think Heeney hit Webster deliberately?

Let me break it down for you - he threw his arm back to effect release of the tackle.

He contacted the chest first with the back of his hand, and the motion travelled up and clipped his nose.

It was a CARELESS action - upgraded by the AFL directive.

The directive is ridiculous - it has created this problem.

YOU want to make it something more - which renders your patently silly attempts to justify this irrelevant.

Now you have a choice - you can confirm yourself as a useless troll - or agree the directive is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me break it down slower:

Do you think Heeney hit Webster deliberately?
Let me break it down for you - he threw his arm back to effect release of the tackle.
So yes? He intentionally threw his arm back to hit Webster.
He contacted the chest first with the back of his hand, and the motion travelled up and clipped his nose.
And he got him high?

And surely we can agree that since it drew blood that its enough to be 'low impact'.

Sounds like we are in agreeance on it being a 1 week suspension.

Low impact?

Fu** me. I'd hate see what High impact looks like? Dude would have to be dead.
johnny-cage-mk1-head-decapitation-fatality.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back