MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he gets off . Why so many bombers fans foaming at the mouth about this ?
My guess would be because Wright got a controversial ban earlier in the year (I'd have let him off tbh). Now they're bitter about others trying to not get suspended.

That's the thing that's hard to fathom out of this. I don't understand how they can uphold it was intentional when he wasn't looking in his opponents direction.

Because that’s what the default grading of the new rule is.

If you swing an arm and hit an opponent high whilst trying to get separation then it’s automatically intentional

Soft suspension IMO, didnt look anywhere near as bad as some of the other stuff that gets overlooked or let off with a fine. Thought he would have gotten off

‘He knew he was there’. So where was the closed fist you’d expect with a conscious strike? Blind comment.

‘ If you hit an opponent high’ - even if they are tripping over themselves? Idiot position.

lol how can anyone, even sydney fans, legitimately argue that turning and deliberately punching someone in the face, causing a bloody nose, isn't worthy of at least a week. he's honestly lucky it wasn't more than one

you lot are seriously taking the piss haha
What you've described would deserve a suspension. Unfortunately what you've described isn't what happened

Heeney must be leading Bont, Daicos and Crippa, he he he. What a terrible outcome. Shouldn't have been a suspension.

Bont is done now, so effectively it's Cripps to lose from here. I dont think Daicos can get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Bont?

needed to poll votes in the majority of games and was off the boil in Saturday's flogging at the hands of Port. He'll still poll votes for the rest of the season but I doubt he will be close enough to win it

Getting my tin foil hat on, the AFLs "betting partners" all just made bank on Heeney for brownlow losses, and now all the major contenders are Victorian, where the weight of consumers is who might have a wager on Bont or Cripps now

Entertainment league, not a sports league.
I don't think the betting agencies controlled Heeney's arm and made the choice to swing an arm backwards.
It's shit for Heeney and his Brownlow chances, but he's lucky it was graded low impact and only a week.
A whack to the face, a blood nose and the potential for injury with broken noses and concussion.
We were only told last week with the Boyd tackle that those are automatically graded medium impact.
This was always a week and lucky not to be two, but I'm also surprised that they didn't find a way to get him off, even though I couldn't see how they could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back