Isaac Quaynor injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans not fined, but the next transgressor will be fined $40k. Now where have we heard that before?

Buddy 7 year squillion dollar offer
Complicit trading during first live trading draft

etc etc

Be interesting to see if Papley gets fined trying to jump out of the Gabba last night in the Maynard contest

Swans not fined, but the next transgressor will be fined $40k. Now where have we heard that before?

etc etc
Neither of those things were against the rules. No one is getting fined for offering long term contracts, either.

The Sydney Swans have been in contact with the AFL following an incident in last night’s game that resulted in an injury to Magpie Isaac Quaynor.

The injury is believed to have resulted from a freak accident that involved contact with the boots of Sydney Swans debutant Sam Wicks. It remains unclear which part of the boot made contact with Quaynor’s leg.

The Swans can confirm that the boots Wicks was wearing were standard issue screw in boots, that have a hybrid soleplate which includes plastic and aluminium stops.

These boots are understood to be widely worn by players across the competition.

Following discussions with the AFL it has become clear that these boots are not compliant with AFL regulations.

The Sydney Swans will take steps to rectify this immediately to ensure that all boots are compliant going forward.

The club has been in contact with Collingwood to express its regret for the incident and concern for Isaac, whom we wish a speedy recovery.

Yes I’m quite sure it’s not a Sydney specific conspiracy and that other clubs are doing the wrong thing here as well. Just laughable that it had to take a player getting his leg sliced open for the AFL to tell clubs to follow this regulation. A more proactive approach wouldn’t have hurt.

Poor form and risky move from bucks to raise it in the presser without any evidence. Could arguably be seen as defamatory if incorrect.
If it's not a banned boot which seems to be the case, for a senior coach to come out and accuse a first game player of cheating is unprofessional and a real shithouse act. Then when called out shrugs his shoulders and says I got told by players they were bad. Nothing would make me happier than seeing this arrogant piece of sh*t end his career with not a Grand Final win to his name.
From the footage I cannot see how stops caused a gash like that. I think it's more likely when his leg drags along the surface something in the grass has caused it. Sprinkler head, pegs from covers have been found during matches before, trainers scissors have been found before. Would have to be a ruck contest or similar with somebody going studs out straight into a shin to cause damage like that.
giphy (2).gif

... The Swans can confirm that the boots Wicks was wearing were standard issue screw in boots, that have a hybrid soleplate which includes plastic and aluminium stops.

Following discussions with the AFL it has become clear that these boots are not compliant with AFL regulations...

So what are the ‘AFL regulations’? What specifically is compliant and non-compliant in this regard. Is the problem the “hybrid sole plate“? Anyone know?

etc etc
Not fined because the Afl has been letting players across all/most clubs wear them.
AFL policing issue not a swans issue. Just sucks that it takes Q's leg getting mangled for them to do their job.

Yeah, Buckley is a flog for correctly pointing out that a player with non-compliant boots sliced open the leg of one his players.

I don't know what his problem is, every other coach would be absolutely fine with it.

How could metal studs slice so clean and deep? Im not familiar with them but is this type of injury not unheard of where they are more commonplace?

I cant see how these could do that damage:

View attachment 929500

Those golf shoes sure. But youd have to file the footy ones down. I hope theres a full investigation and Quaynor is financially compensated for missed match payments and pain/suffering by the right people. Be that the Swans, the GABBA, or whoever. Shocking. Hope he recovers quickly and fully.
If you just use them on grass no problem, the issue is when you start walking on surfaces like concrete and bitumen which are all around stadiums and training grounds. Only a matter of time before a little bur forms and can do serious damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sydney Swans have been in contact with the AFL following an incident in last night’s game that resulted in an injury to Magpie Isaac Quaynor.

The injury is believed to have resulted from a freak accident that involved contact with the boots of Sydney Swans debutant Sam Wicks. It remains unclear which part of the boot made contact with Quaynor’s leg.

The Swans can confirm that the boots Wicks was wearing were standard issue screw in boots, that have a hybrid soleplate which includes plastic and aluminium stops.

Following discussions with the AFL it has become clear that these boots are not compliant with AFL regulations.

The Sydney Swans will take steps to rectify this immediately to ensure that all boots are compliant going forward.

The club has been in contact with Collingwood to express its regret for the incident and concern for Isaac, whom we wish a speedy recovery.

Non compliant, at the very least a fine & all medical bills taken care of. Quaynor should be compensated, this is a workplace accident that the AFL should have prevented.

No issue with the fact that no sanction was handed down and I'm confident that the coverage this injury has received will ensure clubs and players will hereby be extra diligent around the boots they're using.

It has got me thinking though, that had the shoe been on the other foot and no sanction was handed down after the illegal boot of a Collingwood player did the same thing, how quickly and loudly the generic Vic bias line would be thrown around across these platforms 🤔

Yea... it's so ridiculous that a senior coach would complain when opposition players wear illegal boots and it seriously injures one of his players..

Genius :drunk: :thumbsu:
Cheers im not a genius but pretty close to it, i wouldnt mind betting there are players all over the afl changing their boots or studs for the next game they play.

He could`ve said it was a terrible accident and there should be an investigation,im sure he named swift and illegal boots.
That is just my personal take on it if you disagree fair enough mate.
Did Buckley make you cry? are you outraged ???!!! You should write to the AFL, get it off your chest

Every junior player knows you cant wear metal studs as they are dangerous. Anyone who does this is clearly of poor character. Pies players questioned Wicks studs prior to the Quaynor injury. For Swans and Wicks not to be sanctioned properly is a joke. Wicks at very least should be banned as long as Quaynor is out injured. If Swans are genuine in their apology they will ban Wicks themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Quaynor injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back