Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

'US citizen killed in anti-settler protest in West Bank, Palestinian news agency reports
A US citizen taking part in a protest against settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank died of her wounds on Friday after being shot in the head by Israeli troops, the official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the report. There was no immediate comment from the US embassy.'

Fouad Nafaa, the head of the Rafidia hospital in Nablus, told Reuters the woman arrived at the hospital in a very critical condition, with a serious head injury.

“We tried to perform a resuscitation operation on her, but unfortunately she died,” he said.

WAFA said the incident occurred during a regular protest march by activists in Beita, a town near the city of Nablus that has seen repeated attacks by settlers.
Guardian

'US citizen killed in anti-settler protest in West Bank, Palestinian news agency reports
A US citizen taking part in a protest against settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank died of her wounds on Friday after being shot in the head by Israeli troops, the official Palestinian news agency WAFA reported.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the report. There was no immediate comment from the US embassy.'

Fouad Nafaa, the head of the Rafidia hospital in Nablus, told Reuters the woman arrived at the hospital in a very critical condition, with a serious head injury.

“We tried to perform a resuscitation operation on her, but unfortunately she died,” he said.

WAFA said the incident occurred during a regular protest march by activists in Beita, a town near the city of Nablus that has seen repeated attacks by settlers.
Guardian
Horrible, here’s the link-

American media already referring to her as 'Turkish-American'.

Lived, schooled, all her family in America.
What a pathetically sad world where the US media will disown one of their own to justify their allegiance to genocidal maniacs. Disgusting.

I was just after some peoples views on how seperate Hezbollah is from the Lebanese government? I’ve seen Israel attacking Hezbollah targets which are killing Lebanese citizens but not seeing much in terms of push back by the Lebanese government either against Hezbollah or against Israel itself.

Is it likely that Lebanon will support Hezbollah in retaliation against Israel for killing its citizens?

Hezbollah is part of the government in Lebanon but operates its own armed forces seperate to the Lebanese army. The Lebanese government won't want to retaliate against Israel as it would give Netinayhu the green light to invade Lebanon. The Lebanese economy is shot and it's armed forces are not capable of anything meaningful against Israel anyway.
Hezbollah are too strong to be subdued by the Lebanese government and any attempt would throw the country into civil war again.

I was just after some peoples views on how seperate Hezbollah is from the Lebanese government? I’ve seen Israel attacking Hezbollah targets which are killing Lebanese citizens but not seeing much in terms of push back by the Lebanese government either against Hezbollah or against Israel itself.

Is it likely that Lebanon will support Hezbollah in retaliation against Israel for killing its citizens?
Israel just killed three firefighters fighting a fire Israel started with a prior missile strike.

The Lebanese Govt finally complained about it to the UN.

A Jordanian also shot and killed three Israeli border security guards on the Israel/Jordan border.

Just another border for Israel to be worried about now that they've invaded the West Bank.

francesca has spoken until she almost horse on this, yet the mainstream press largely turns a blind eye. shame on us and our albenese too. as for spud, israel has him by the short and curlies.

yet another doctor talking of the suffering of children

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tt's sad to see kids being indoctrinated with such hate. zionism is a political and nationalist movement based on supremacy and inhumanity.

think you may have missed the point. on second thoughts remove "think"

I don't think there IS a point.
It was actually his father who changed his name.
If your father officially changes his name before you are born, your name is not your fathers original name.
The Prime Minister of Israel was not born in Poland.

I don't think there IS a point.
It was actually his father who changed his name.
If your father officially changes his name before you are born, your name is not your fathers original name.
The Prime Minister of Israel was not born in Poland.

There would be some relevance to the background of a person claiming historical ownership of the land applies specifically to their people, who's leading those people as they commit ethnic cleansing (and highly likely genocide) on the basis that the land exclusively belongs to them and them alone.

Omer Bartov is an Israeli historian of genocide, particularly the Holocaust. I follow him on 'X'.

He's quite adamant that Gaza is now a site of genocide. The article below is something else, though. It is piece in which he talks about the disturbing increase in violent sentiment in Israel, apparent before October 7, which he links with his studies of Nazi Germany and the perpetrators of the Holocaust.

It's a long but excellent read.

There would be some relevance to the background of a person claiming historical ownership of the land applies specifically to their people, who's leading those people as they commit ethnic cleansing (and highly likely genocide) on the basis that the land exclusively belongs to them and them alone.

nicely put.

The whole historical claim of the land argument is garbage no matter who claims it.
Makes no difference.
You wouldn't say what he's doing is OK if his great great grandpa lived in Israel.

The whole historical claim of the land argument is garbage no matter who claims it.
Makes no difference.
You wouldn't say what he's doing is OK if his great great grandpa lived in Israel.

I agree, I'm quite comfortable that under his leadership Israel is committing genocide, so no I wouldn't approve of it regardless.

But, given he himself is using that kind of argument to justify why they should have the land, it's relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back