Bren

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2005
Arden Street Oval
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NYY
Now, i have been around BF for a few years now, and hardly ever to never put the coach down.

But after todays 3rd quarter... the Laids game plan is ruining our club.

The players are trying to get it out of there system, but i think its too little too late for Laids.

How can we have the lead only to have it snuffed in the third b/c we refused to take the game on??

I think its time for a new perspective and a new coach.

Laids, thanks for the memories, but its time for a change.

I along with i would comfortable say 90pc of the ppl on BF would hate for our SMASHING new tallent to have this negitive mindset drummed into them!

We performed very well until we were a man down where we were just holding our own.

Then we were two men down they started to kick away

3 men down and we couldnt stem the flow

4 men

5 men...

We performed very well until we were a man down where we were just holding our own.

Then we were two men down they started to kick away

3 men down and we couldnt stem the flow

4 men

5 men...
This does not excuse only 2 goals in a half! AND a 70+ point turn around

This does not excuse only 2 goals in a half! AND a 70+ point turn around

Well it does a bit :)

Great 1st quarter that showed the young guys are improving. Some poor decidions in the 2nd let them back in and then injuries gave us no chance. They kept trying till the end but just not good enough in the end. Really disappointing to see Warren and Wright go down injured as they are both showing promising signs. Thompson got towelled up by Kosi in the end but keeps showing good signs as well imo. Keep playing the kids :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee that's harsh

I thought he coached really well today. We were up at 1/2 time, quite incredible considering where we are with our list and the Saints being top of the ladder.

After half time we were two men down and Harding cost us two silly goals, one of them doing exactly what you said we needed to do more of, taking the game on.

At the end of the day we had some players who were under done (Campbell) and then the Injuries to Power, Warren and Wells completely stuffed up the rotations. Then Wright got injured in the last and we ended with 17 men

I thought Laidley got the match ups spot on, perhaps he could've tried Grima on Kosi but by the time he started dominating it was game over.

You blokes are being a bit harsh on yourself. You had no bench for most of the game and only had 17 players at the end. I thought you were good, but just ran out of legs which is expected when you have 1 less on the field.

You blokes are being a bit harsh on yourself. You had no bench for most of the game and only had 17 players at the end. I thought you were good, but just ran out of legs which is expected when you have 1 less on the field.

Take your sense and sensibility back to the Essendon board, the lynch mob is out and they're gonna hang him high;).
I thought Dean did a great job today, until King hit Power and Warren stuck his head in front of an oncoming shoulder we were a huge chance for an upset, when you come out of half time and you've only got 2 on the bench, the odds soon stack up against you, especially with Kosi and Riewoldt up forward.

Well it does a bit :)

Great 1st quarter that showed the young guys are improving. Some poor decidions in the 2nd let them back in and then injuries gave us no chance. They kept trying till the end but just not good enough in the end. Really disappointing to see Warren and Wright go down injured as they are both showing promising signs. Thompson got towelled up by Kosi in the end but keeps showing good signs as well imo. Keep playing the kids :thumbsu:

Good post.

Geez, we are rebuilding. St Kilda are at the top of their game and flying.

Its frustrating when the panic handballing and slowing the game down kicks in, but St Kilda simply have the more talented team out on the park and it took them a while to get going.
The way they hounded our young and tired team in the last quarter, you could almost excuse the turnovers, they were red hot.

Gee that's harsh

I thought he coached really well today. We were up at 1/2 time, quite incredible considering where we are with our list and the Saints being top of the ladder.

His coaching today was rubbish!

We got 5 goals up by playing attacking footy. So Dean in his wisdom gets 5 goals up and trys to shut the game down.

I heard a whisper today that Laidley is a dead man walking.

He should have been dropped weeks ago, another great move from the master coach... we have guy ripping it up in the 2's in Gartlet, but we persist with mediocrity.

You do know that Garlett is on the rookie list right?

His coaching today was rubbish!

We got 5 goals up by playing attacking footy. So Dean in his wisdom gets 5 goals up and trys to shut the game down.

I heard a whisper today that Laidley is a dead man walking.

Ignoring the first part of your post, if what the last bit you posted is true then it just shows how cowardly some of the recent attacks on him are, let the cards fall and then react, let's show some class and dignity about the current situation.

Ignoring the first part of your post, if what the last bit you posted is true then it just shows how cowardly some of the recent attacks on him are, let the cards fall and then react, let's show some class and dignity about the current situation.

I heard it third hand, but the person I heard it from says the source is very reliable.

If it is true the club has handled it very well. Would you rather a Richmond scenario?

Realistically, does anyone think we would have won if we didn't get the injuries? It def made a difference, but I still wasn't that confident at quarter time. I guess a similar thing happened in the Richmond game too and that was against sh!t opposition.

I believe we can upgrade a rookie after round 11 which is now.

Indeed that is true, but Bren is suggesting we should have done this weeks ago. Technically, we could have promoted Garlett on the strength of a long term injury (and we certainly have had a few).

Remove this Banner Ad

Its time....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back