Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tigers to trade pick 14 for GWS pick 15 + Morris

Maric is starting to sound like pick 35. Or Connors, which would be preferable

Connors wants to go & we did not really miss him this year did we?
With Morris comming in and with Houli & Batchelor around the back half Connors for Maric would be ideal.

Pick 35 still presents an opportunity for a very good kid.

NO HEADCASES THOUGH TIGERS!

Ivan Maric

Maric is starting to sound like pick 35. Or Connors, which would be preferable[/quote]

Maric is looking like pick 55 !

No way would i be willing to piss away aan early 2nd round pick which could net us a Downie,Grigg,Cozier type player if they slip , Which every year some always do.

In regards to Connors , I believe he is worth more than maric.
We could realistically expect a mid-late 2nd pick from either a stkilds,Dogs,Roos.

Maric+3rd for Connors+4th is more my line of trade other wise PSD will do us fine.

YOU OVER VALUE MARIC'S WORTH WAY TOO MUCH UTG

Maric is starting to sound like pick 35. Or Connors, which would be preferable[/quote]

No way would i be willing to piss away aan early 2nd round pick which could net us a Downie,Grigg,Cozier type player if they slip , Which every year some always do.

We could realistically expect a mid-late 2nd pick from either a stkilds,Dogs,Roos.

Maric+3rd for Connors+4th is more my line of trade other wise PSD will do us fine.

Maric for Connors straight is fair. Rucks always worth more than smalls. Connors isn't that good and has issues.

Maric for Connors straight is fair. Rucks always worth more than smalls. Connors isn't that good and has issues.

Good Rucks are worth more ! average rucks are a dime a dozen & Maric is a average ruckman that after 8 years is delegated to reserves status by a rookie 4th string ruckman from carlton.

What can we expect for Angus Graham seein as Rucks are worth more ?

Just have a look at Maric's SANFL Record guys ........... He is a Plodder

Maric > Graham.

Rucks are harder to come by hence they are worth more. If a team desperately needed a ruckman and they could get Graham off us id expect we would get more than the packet of peanuts he is worth.

Also, Connors isnt that good.

Maric > Graham.

Rucks are harder to come by hence they are worth more. If a team desperately needed a ruckman and they could get Graham off us id expect we would get more than the packet of peanuts he is worth.

Connors is a better HBF than Maric is a Ruckman

Can someon please point out a game where maric played well so i can watch it.

I am yet to find anything decent about him apart from his got guts and is a great clubman. FFS tivendale was a great clubman tuck is a great clubman.

We need a great Ruckman not a bloody good clubman thats a plodder

I didn't say we should pay 35... I said it is looking more likely.

Crows fans reckon they'd be getting bent over doing 35 for Maric
You reckon the opposite

Sounds like a trade to me

This is a good discussion...

I have been a fan of Connors because he clearly has heaps of talent... probably more ability than Maric will ever have in his little finger. Maric however (by all reports) has a far greater will to compete.
Problem is we really need a ruckman who can compete and although Maric will not do a Jamar, he is probably capable of giving our mids a 50% chance at first use.

Unless we peel off an A grader we are not going to get an A grade ruckman.

Connors might end up being one of the first picked at adelaide for 10 years but for the next couple, at Tigerland we need a ruckman more than a player like Connors who has not exactly returned on his Punt Rd investment..... yet.....

Maric > Graham.

Not sure on the Maric > Gus but what I am sure on is Gus > Cameron Wood and Jolly >( by miles ) Maric .
We don't need to improve our 2nd Ruck stocks !

This is a good discussion...

I have been a fan of Connors because he clearly has heaps of talent... probably more ability than Maric will ever have in his little finger. Maric however (by all reports) has a far greater will to compete.
Problem is we really need a ruckman who can compete and although Maric will not do a Jamar, he is probably capable of giving our mids a 50% chance at first use.

Unless we peel off an A grader we are not going to get an A grade ruckman.

Connors might end up being one of the first picked at adelaide for 10 years but for the next couple, at Tigerland we need a ruckman more than a player like Connors who has not exactly returned on his Punt Rd investment..... yet.....

Spot on. Connors' spot has been taken by Batchelor. New draftees this year. Very injury prone. Since arriving in 2006, has played 4,4,2,14,3 games each year. Good luck to him, but keen to move him on

Jacobs is a gun, by the way...

Not sure on the Maric > Gus but what I am sure on is Gus > Cameron Wood and Jolly >( by miles ) Maric .
We don't need to improve our 2nd Ruck stocks !

Um, Maric will be first ruck. Graham is a damp squib. Hardwick doesn;t rate him either. Clearances improved noticeably (although not to a satisfactory level) the instant Gus was dropped.

Tarzan/ Jane

Hopefully we can move him on. He is hopeless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be giving up 3rd round for Maric or PSD.

Seriously the guy seems to be getting better and better each day. He is an average ruckman who couldn't get a game in the 1's. Wouldn't be trading pick 35 either. I would be offering 3rd round or nothing.

Um, Maric will be first ruck. Graham is a damp squib. Hardwick doesn;t rate him either. Clearances improved noticeably (although not to a satisfactory level) the instant Gus was dropped.

Tarzan/ Jane

Hopefully we can move him on. He is hopeless.

Jolly now, maybe... but he was a distant second ruckman to Jeff White when the Swans paid pick 20 for him...
This bouncing from thread to thread to discuss the same topic is sorta spooky .
Don't doubt Gus is no good as a number one ruckman , I acknowledge he is to small , but you no what he is the same height IIRC as Maric . As for the speculative thought that Maric may end up mirroring Jolly and is has the same potential now as Jolly did have when he joined Sydney , do you really think he has that potential ?

Connors is a better HBF than Maric is a Ruckman

Can someon please point out a game where maric played well so i can watch it.

I am yet to find anything decent about him apart from his got guts and is a great clubman. FFS tivendale was a great clubman tuck is a great clubman.

We need a great Ruckman not a bloody good clubman thats a plodder
great news if true to all that r sad to lose conners please,the quicker he is gone the better ,he is a turnover king and has been surpassed by batch and dea already. news that taylor wants another chance at another club, can we trade or is he off the books already:)

Ivan Maric

i can see your guys point about Adelaide asking for a 2nd round draft pick for Maric but clubs will do what is in there best interest.

This trade could end up becoming a three way deal including Hawthorn who are trying to get homesick Gunston.

Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

With Adelaide wanting over the odds for a 2nd rate ruckman that played 5 games this year.

What would you say he is worth?

Suggestions I'm reading so far are:

• 3rd round pick
  • 4th round pick
  • 4th round pick + Nason
  • Straight swap for Connors
Realistically a 4th round pick should do it in a diluted draft.

Being an Echuca boy myself, I'd rather keep the Ranga in Connors.

Discuss...

Re: What is Maric Worth

With Adelaide wanting over the odds for a 2nd rate ruckman that played 5 games this year.

• 3rd round pick
  • 4th round pick
  • 4th round pick + Nason

Discuss...

Look, in this shallow draft he probably is worth a 2nd rounder. however, this means that when the tigers get him for their 3rd rounder... we have done a good deal

I think a 4th round pick is pretty far off the mark... that would be considered a steal

• 3rd round pick
  • 4th round pick
  • 4th round pick + Nason

Discuss...
Considering we have the upper-hand (PSD), I'd say third round. But believe me once he gets here there will be a few eating their words. He will be a major contributor.

I'm starting to just think that we put up a list of tradeable players and let the Crows choose, or let it go to PSD. If we miss him there somehow, then no huge loss imo.

I just don't want to lose either of our top 2 picks or compo pick. Would have to be for a very good young player.

I'd be satisfied with Connors or a third rounder. Or 4th rounder and Gus if they really want a back up ruck who seems happy playing in the state league. Graham would fit the bill perfectly!

I'm starting to just think that we put up a list of tradeable players and let the Crows choose, or let it go to PSD. If we miss him there somehow, then no huge loss imo.

I just don't want to lose either of our top 2 picks or compo pick. Would have to be for a very good young player.

Agree re the first 2 + compo picks.
I don't care how thin this years draft is said to be... Tigers are still in need of some younger players with some potential.

Swap for Connors or swap for 3rd rounder... that would suit me.

i can see your guys point about Adelaide asking for a 2nd round draft pick for Maric but clubs will do what is in there best interest.

This trade could end up becoming a three way deal including Hawthorn who are trying to get homesick Gunston.

that would be great for tigers as the team with the least involvement in a three way trade usually gets a steal as the other two teams do most of the discussing

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back