Trade Requested Ivan Soldo [requested a trade to Victoria, linked to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t tell me you gave more that that for Soldo ?.

What else did you give up for him ?!.
The Tigers have received picks 41 and 49, a future second-round pick tied to Fremantle as well as Port's future fourth-round pick in exchange for Soldo, with the Power also getting Richmond's pick 50 in return.

The Tigers have received picks 41 and 49, a future second-round pick tied to Fremantle as well as Port's future fourth-round pick in exchange for Soldo, with the Power also getting Richmond's pick 50 in return.
Yep. So 49 and 50 basically cancel each other out, so it was a second rounder, pick 41 and a future 4th. Probably a bit overs, but we were trading for a guy in contract that was our first ruck until he got injured, missed a chunk of footy and then got injured again after coming back.

Darcy fort today showed the value of having a solid, mature back up ruck ready to go in case of injury. I would prefer we kept soldo unless the trade was something worthwhile, not a throw away pick.

Yep. So 49 and 50 basically cancel each other out, so it was a second rounder, pick 41 and a future 4th. Probably a bit overs, but we were trading for a guy in contract that was our first ruck until he got injured, missed a chunk of footy and then got injured again after coming back.

Darcy fort today showed the value of having a solid, mature back up ruck ready to go in case of injury. I would prefer we kept soldo unless the trade was something worthwhile, not a throw away pick.

Yes but fort was traded for a 3rd rounder in contract and soldo was worth about the same but you overpaid.

He was traded by Melbourne to the Swans for a 2nd rounder.

What part of that was a salary cap dump ?.
The Melbourne trade was a salary dump in a way because he was eating 600k of cap playing VFL. Collingwood in 2022 didn't want him and wanted to dump his cap. Melbourne in 2023 came to the same conclusion but also Grundy realised he was the backup so he wanted out as well.

He was worth what Richmond would let him go for. Yes we overpaid, but we literally had no rucks left on our list so it was an important move.

I'm not sure you needed him when you were bringing in sweet. A cheap state league backup on low cash would have sufficed.

I'm not sure you needed him when you were bringing in sweet. A cheap state league backup on low cash would have sufficed.
Sweet was the cheap state league backup for Soldo.

Soldo was clear first choice at the start of the year and would have remained so if he didn't get injured. Still think he offers more in terms of around the ground marking and scoreboard impact than Sweet but Soldo is definitely more lumbering and less able to impact the contest with taking it out of the ruck, tackling or quick hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Ivan Soldo [requested a trade to Victoria, linked to St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back