Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent and IMO a fair price for an elite talent.

Welcome Izak.
I was thinking about this ….. Crows we’re probably snookered ….. given what we probably offered GC in his Draft Year for #3

Or have i got that wrong, and we didn’t try and get up the Draft Board ??

Wrapped to have Rankine. He will add a level of excitement we haven’t had since Betts.
Paid a fair amount in the end - just feels likes it’s too much as everyone else seems to get discounted trades.
Now we can judge Reid on what he does for the rest of the trade period. The Rankine one for pick 5 was easy. A win this week will depend on what else he is able to achieve.
Other than Geelong, who else is getting a discounted trade?

Jackson is a big cost, so too is JHF, well the asking price anyway. In that context, we've done ok.

Wow… so Adelaide were clearly told to take it down until it was official…
Fxxk me.. if we needed any further proof that this whole trade period charade is nothing more than an AFL stage managed load of horseshit then…

What a circus.
Don't think the club actually runs the website - some kind of AFL/Telstra nerd group or so does it.

Other than Geelong, who else is getting a discounted trade?

Jackson is a big cost, so too is JHF, well the asking price anyway. In that context, we've done ok.
People only feel ripped off because the same club that demanded 5 and extra future picks for Rankine were happy to give up pick 7 and Bowes to Geelong the premiership winner for a future 3rd.

I'm sure if Bowes and 7 was going to North or Hawthorn or Essendon people would be a little bit more understanding.

Considering Bowes is a QLD native and loves the club I'm still unsure why the deal wasn't 7 and Atkins, someone who can barley get a game who they are paying way to much. Credit to Atkins and his manager for landing him that amazing deal.

Good trade for us . Well played AFC . We paid slight unders for rankine imo which almost never happens for us .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t wait to see him light up the Oval next year, and beyond. It’s certainly more likely to entice me back to attending games than much of what we’ve served up the last few years.

Over the moon to have him a Crow. We actually landed him early still in his career, lot of years to come.

The system is a joke in that he was no longer a GC player for 2023 yet we play this stupid game where we compensate them for him. Oh well, works both ways, look at the Lever deal.

Soo many pages dedicated to Lukosius and Rankine and many of us have switched between who we would prefer several times. Trying to be objective as I can and I really think Rankine is the better of the two, huge get.

I'm a Rankine midfield believer, need him training with the mids this summer, Rachele too, no ****ing around for a few years then moving them.

I feel like the addition of Dawson, the development of Fog and the acquisition of Rankine is taking the Crows in the right direction.

Adding some real match winners and game breakers.

Includ Thilly, Rachele and Soligo and there is a exciting nucleus starting to form
Yep, starting to get some players you actually go to the footy to watch.
Been a few years since we’ve been able to say that.

Wrapped to have Rankine. He will add a level of excitement we haven’t had since Betts.
Paid a fair amount in the end - just feels likes it’s too much as everyone else seems to get discounted trades.
Now we can judge Reid on what he does for the rest of the trade period. The Rankine one for pick 5 was easy. A win this week will depend on what else he is able to achieve.
He got what he wanted , and a pick to match Michaelanny

I think it would be nice if he could shift the pick 24 or whatever it is up a bit if necessary to grab a quality mid and avoid it being caught up in a Michaelanny match

Reckon we will be primed in 2025.
Provided Dawson isn't stranded in Def 50, and we rotate Berry, Schoenberg, Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Taylor through the middle over the next year or so,
Keep Keays as a defensive half forward, Laird back to Half back, p!ss off m.crouch, rowe, murphy and mchenry. and keep sloane OUT of the middle at all costs. Also developing Thilthorpe as our no.1 ruck will help.
If we can cherry pick a couple of free agents for needs in the next two years, we will be ripe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back