Speculation Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d imagine his name was thrown up in the whole Owies/Baker/Pick 3 scenario. If the eagles wanted him I’m sure he was available at probably no extra cost
Yeah makes sense but been linked all year on Gettable.

Only explanation would be when the pick 3 trade was completed they thought they would get the Dev trade completed too and preferred that option at that stage.

Hope the Eagles throw him a life line. Does some nice things and would get a decent run of it at the Eagles.

At least these days they call them early enough.

They waited too long to pull the trigger on Cunningham, Dow, SPS, LOB, Marchbank etc.

They gave those players longer because they were high picks. Carroll was a pick in the 40’s from memory. Man, have they butchered some picks along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a huge surprise.

I think there’s a player there but after 4 years in the system I’m not sure what Jack actually is.

He has some good traits but I don’t know that’s he’s good enough at anything specific to nail down a spot at senior level.

He’s a very difficult player to get a read on and a fresh start is probably a good thing.

Still very young so every chance he makes good on a second opportunity if he gets it.

Good luck to him.

He got 16 games this year if i remember correctly. I think theyd rather keep him then not. Its why they were flogging off Lewis Young but got no takers

I think you’re over complicating the situation. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Jack was unhappy at Carlton.

If Carlton wanted to keep him, they’d have kept him.

They gave those players longer because they were high picks. Carroll was a pick in the 40’s from memory. Man, have they butchered some picks along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good conversation.

Bold is a hit, italics is still on list and strike through is at another club/delisted.

6. Petrevski-Seton
27. Fisher
47. Macreadie
59. Polson
61. Williamson
65. Kerr

3. Dow
10. O'Brien
30. De Koning
70. Schumacher
78. Garlett

1. Walsh
19. Stocker
66. O'Dwyer
70. Silvagni

17. Kemp
20. Philp
47. Ramsay

37. Durdin
41. Carroll

27. Motlop

11. Hollands
30. Cowan
32. Binns
47. Lemmey

29. Moir
34. Wilson

Blues ND picks have been very poor since 2015, which obviously set them up massively. They've compensated with recruiting Saad, Newman, Cerra, McGovern, E. Hollands etc.

So why did Blues delist him? Is it a case of jack of all trades, master of none? i.e. just not a stand-up at anything?

Yeah.

4 years in the system and still no more regarding his best position at AFL level.

He was a fringe player for Carlton and without that clarity I think his scope was capped.

With a few mids coming in the door in the next month or so, and a few others looking for more midfield time, his time at Carlton was done.

Perhaps a new environment will give us greater clarity.

Yeah.

4 years in the system and still no more regarding his best position at AFL level.

He was a fringe player for Carlton and without that clarity I think his scope was capped.

With a few mids coming in the door in the next month or so, and a few others looking for more midfield time, his time at Carlton was done.

Perhaps a new environment will give us greater clarity.
It probably wasn't great for Jack to see all those mids in front of him just for Carlton to go grab Cooper Lord in the MSD too. Looking at it as simply as possible, Lord pushes out Carroll and Kennedy's spot is quickly filled by a Camporeale.

Good conversation.

Bold is a hit, italics is still on list and strike through is at another club/delisted.

6. Petrevski-Seton
27. Fisher
47. Macreadie
59. Polson
61. Williamson
65. Kerr

3. Dow
10. O'Brien
30. De Koning
70. Schumacher
78. Garlett

1. Walsh
19. Stocker
66. O'Dwyer
70. Silvagni

17. Kemp
20. Philp
47. Ramsay

37. Durdin
41. Carroll

27. Motlop

11. Hollands
30. Cowan
32. Binns
47. Lemmey

29. Moir
34. Wilson

Blues ND picks have been very poor since 2015, which obviously set them up massively. They've compensated with recruiting Saad, Newman, Cerra, McGovern, E. Hollands etc.
Pretty sure we still have Silvagni

It probably wasn't great for Jack to see all those mids in front of him just for Carlton to go grab Cooper Lord in the MSD too. Looking at it as simply as possible, Lord pushes out Carroll and Kennedy's spot is quickly filled by a Camporeale.
Yes they believe Lord is an upgrade on Carroll, and list spots are super tight, just ask Owies.

Good conversation.

6. Petrevski-Seton
27. Fisher
47. Macreadie
59. Polson
61. Williamson
65. Kerr

3. Dow
10. O'Brien
30. De Koning
70. Schumacher
78. Garlett

1. Walsh
19. Stocker
66. O'Dwyer
70. Silvagni

17. Kemp
20. Philp
47. Ramsay

37. Durdin
41. Carroll

27. Motlop

11. Hollands
30. Cowan
32. Binns
47. Lemmey

29. Moir
34. Wilson

The list manager between 2016 and the end of 2019 is now St Kilda's problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

Back