Jack Darling's skull fractured

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jack Darling fractures his skull...

Who the **** does these types of things? I honestly don't understand any sort of rationale behind it.

"I know, let's all be tough and go and smash some unsuspecting kid, yeah that will really prove how courageous we are".
One reason why I hate Perth.

The bogan chip on the shoulder mentality can be pretty extreme, where looking or behaving slightly different or just being in the wrong place can be justification for a beating.

It has happened to me when I was younger, my brother and a friend which made the news and just recently a Buddhist monk was beaten to death in an unprovoked attack at a lake, not far from where I live.

Nice suburb or crappy there is just a really unfortunate culture of drunken violence here.

Probably a little incident in the club, guys have seen them just waiting around and decided to blindside them to look like heroes.

He could of been a w***er and given some lip, however the fact they were attacked as they left means they probably pretty drunk and its pretty crappy to just fight drunks as soon as they leave and are just waiting outside

As people said, happens a lot in perth, the typical "im the best fighter, i dont want to look weak" mentality, insted of walk away and enjoy the night.

I would say people are just whinging on the subject and the media makes it look worse then it is...unfortunatly thats not the case, ive had plenty of experiances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another night in cheery Perth. Hell, you can murder someone with a cricket bat here and get only 4 years.

Shit hole filled with every type of low life scumbag.

Pity, because aesthetically, it's a pretty place.

The violence in Perth’s no different to anywhere else around the world, it getting more extreme everywhere for some reson, more murders over here than you can pock a stick at in the last few years.
Hope the kid comes good and they catch the blokes responsible.

The other half of my family are Melburnians and I spend a lot of my time in Vic.

Once my degree is finished I am out of here hopefully.
What makes you think it's any better in Melb? It's actually worse there, more cases of it due to the bigger population.

Shits me to tears how piss weak the legal system is down there and how society has degenerated with such a lack of respect. The simple reason why thuggery like this continues to occur is due to the soft punishment. More of this would fix the problem in no time.

What makes you think it's any better in Melb? It's actually worse there, more cases of it due to the bigger population.

Shits me to tears how piss weak the legal system is down there and how society has degenerated with such a lack of respect. The simple reason why thuggery like this continues to occur is due to the soft punishment. More of this would fix the problem in no time.
Having spent a substantial amount of my life in either state I can assure you in my experience it is not.

There are some very bad suburbs in Melbourne and the odd gangland shooting (also happens in Perth btw), but my experiences both where I have lived in Melbourne and at night spots has been far more positive.

That is not to say bad things can't happen, but again in my personal experience the night spots and places I frequent in Perth I have witnessed far more unprovoked violence than comparable places in Melbourne.

Everything people are describing about Perth sounds about the same as what is going on in most other places around the country.

I blame rap music.

Good luck to the bloke shame this happens to so many people.

More of this would fix the problem in no time.

Spot on

When I was a smart arse kid the teacher could give you a clip behind the ears, or the old ruler, a copper could give you a kick on the arse, but the soft **** new age society doesn't like that sort of stuff, more's the pity

Encourage everyone signing up to the St George Marathon/Half/10k etc to list themselves in the JMB team to support this great foundation, they get a percentage of your entry fee and it's a great cause to promote. Really hope Darling is all right and turns around to show blind violence isn't going to ruin his life.

While generally I felt safe enough while living in Perth....let me just say I've never seen more fights in one night than I saw in Knife..Sorry Northbridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Darling's skull fractured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back