Jack Darling's skull fractured

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jack Darling fractures his skull...

Originally from WA, now in Melbourne.

Perth's nighttime culture is a monoculture of - drinking and pretty much thats it. There's nothing else to do in Perth at night so young guys go out on the turps and look for some 'fun'. Northbridge is a terrible place.

Melbourne at least is a much larger, diverse city where you can get away from such people/places, with much more to do (other than drinking). However, Melbs is not immune to such acts, they are quite common in some areas/suburbs - particularly some outer suburban areas. However its much more common in Perth to see it on a night out.

This is horrible news for the kid, but I always struggle with the 'unprovoked' part.

I mean, Pendlebury's attacker was supposedly 'unprovoked', as was the chick with Lance Franklin when she spilled her drink on him.

It's rarely unprovoked when footy players are involved. They're generally too easy to goad, and that's the problem. It's unfair, but footy players should just steer clear of pubs and clubs.

While generally I felt safe enough while living in Perth....let me just say I've never seen more fights in one night than I saw in Knife..Sorry Northbridge

Northbridge on a Saturday night is probably the place i have most felt threatened in my life, and I've done a fair bit of travel throughout Asia, S America and the US.

Just a horrible place at night Perth. Ocean Beach Hotel is about the only good thing it's got going for it :thumbsu: (until they turn it into apartments/retirement village like they do with every pub in Perth).

Very sad news.

I have travelled the globe and lived in many countries. Violence is everywhere. Spent most of my life in Perth. Sure there are incidents every night but this is the case everywhere. Hell there are road rage incidents in every city every day. Northbridge is a hole, they have cleaned it up a bit, but I still will not venture there after midnight.

I blame bogans on ice.

Spot on

When I was a smart arse kid the teacher could give you a clip behind the ears, or the old ruler, a copper could give you a kick on the arse, but the soft **** new age society doesn't like that sort of stuff, more's the pity

Yes there argument is that to use violence to correct bad behaviour teaches the colrprit to use violence rather than respect, but by not correcting the behaviour teaches the corprit they can get away with it so they extend or intensify that behaviour.

Did any of you see a little show called Underbelly???

I have lived in Perth for my life and to this day have never felt threatened anywhere.

Violence is everywhere and for anyone thinking it is worse in Perth i would guess can only form that from a personel experience.

Did any of you see a little show called Underbelly???

I have lived in Perth for my life and to this day have never felt threatened anywhere.

Violence is everywhere and for anyone thinking it is worse in Perth i would guess can only form that from a personel experience.

Me too. Depends where you hang I guess. I have played in Pub Bands since the 80's and never got close to a fight. I live in Highgate and wander up and down Beaufort St at night without a thought. Mind you I wouldn't go near Northbridge and I don't know why anyone would want to. It's a hellhole.
EDIT - I do go to Northbridge to eat or see a movie at Paradiso, before midnight it's fine. After hours is when it gets evil. too much alcohol and way to much amphetamines is what exacerbates the violence.

thread title should be

"drunk idiot fractures Jack Darling's skull"

current title implies he somehow managed to do it to himself

Subiaco is getting pretty bad for violence now it seems. I was there (sober) to see the Johnny Cash show and there was a lot of the sort of behaviour that you see in Northbridge i.e. people itching for a fight and lines everywhere. Perth is like anywhere you go in the world, just don't act like a dick and you'll probably be ok (except in Northbridge). Who's to say Darling wasn't kicking off inside the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Darling's skull fractured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back