Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to offload Houston to get this deal done..

That makes their list worse not better.

Offload an AA player who will chose a vic club that knows that port desperately need to get a deal done so they can then get the Luko deal done..

Leaves them vunerable at the table on the houston trade.. as the vic club knows they can push it to the final minutes of trade week..

They are going to get rid of one of their best players in Houston… and replace him with a vanilla downhill skier in Luko..

Not seeing many wins there.

Glad the crows have dodged that bullet.. our fuxkwit club probably wouldve folded and given up pick 4 for him at the trade table..

We need mids.. not vanilla forwards.
Totally agree. At this time of year everyone rates clubs off seasons on the amount of trades secured rather than on the quality. Last year Port brought in 4 high profile recruits and everyone was saying how well they had done. Twelve months later and Soldo is out of town and Zerk Thatcher and Ratagulea had three possessions each in their prelim loss. Even Murphy would be better than that. Now they are going to lose a top 5 player, who is in his prime and twice AA, to try and get back the draft capital they lost on those 3 players. I honestly don’t think people realize how big a loss Houston will be.

Also 6 years and $800k+ for a guy being pushed out is a massive risk.

I would have liked to have Luk-no-sius at the crows but I was concerned about how much we would have to pay. The money would have had to be close to 6m for 6 years. I also thought that Port had more to offer in where to play him given that we have a tall forward line and we have a strong developing defence. Port have deficiencies in both those areas.

Good decision by Jack.

Now can we get Isaac across the line.

He's not a huge need for us given our forward line and lack of midfield quality, but he would walk into our side as best 22 easily in multiple positions.

Some pretty stinky players below the level of Luko got games for us this year

Yeah but you've just said there 'in multiple positions'. One of them was highly unlikely going to be in the forward line. It's not just where we see his capabilities but it's where he WANTS to be. If Port we able to sell him a vision of being exclusively up forward then it's a no-brainer for him. Straight from the horses mouth he sees himself as a forward. I don't know why some people are doing mental gymnastics over this one...

This sucks, not so much because luko is a great player, but because I look forward to our off season more than our actual season since nicks took over.

At least we keep our picks. We better not trade pick 25 or whatever for ANB

This sucks, not so much because luko is a great player, but because I look forward to our off season more than our actual season since nicks took over.

25 is gone stop fantasising

Luko is a good player not a great player. He never achieved his potential and that's why Hardwicke wants him out. I was 55-45 hoping he comes but not crying over it. I get Jack Watts vibes with him.

Pick 25 for ANB is a no go. 3rd round or future 2nd for a 29 yo.

We will see even in your best case scenario we tried to get him and couldn't so yet another failure. High end talent about to enter their prime and especially key positions don't come around often.

They have an a grade midfield to deliver the ball to him and unlike us they don't have to give up top end picks for him either because they are actually a decent club.

He's a cream player and that's exactly what they needed. We 'are six years into a rebuild and still not ready for cream players and just finished bottom 4 and still publicly shame our players for celebrating against team values like we have any idea what successful values look like
lots of bed wetting here but who is this Key Position player you speak of?

Please dont say Luko as that would be laughable. Just reflecting and wondering why a triple premiership coach is getting rid of Luko at the first opportunity - your thoughts?

'and unlike us they don't have to give up top end picks for him either' - sorry I didnt realise the trade details have been announced. can you please clarify as I cant find this on my news feed. are they only giving up a F2??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

losing houston far outweighs gaining luko

i dont think people realise this is really bad for port. cumming or perryman wont cover it.

I think your right for 2025 but Houston is probably in peak form at the moment. Luko fits in the right age bracket for their better players.

They really don't have the forwards they need. As good a player as he is, its much easier to try and cover Houston in some form than it is to draft a forward and wait 3 to 5 years for them to develop.

It's a risk but better to try something.

I think your right for 2025 but Houston is probably in peak form at the moment. Luko fits in the right age bracket for their better players.

They really don't have the forwards they need. As good a player as he is, its much easier to try and cover Houston in some form than it is to draft a forward and wait 3 to 5 years for them to develop.

It's a risk but better to try something.
Where I'm jealous of them is their ability to push out established players, which sets them up to either move up the draft or go after players.

They've done it with Wingard, Polec, Ryder, Howard, Duursma and now Houston.

Ryder was the only one who really hurt them - moving him on arguably cost them the 2020 flag.

Letting Doedee go was probably the only time in recent memory we've done this.

Port is not pushing out Houston, not sure where that narrative has come from on here (because has certainly never been reported that way in the media). Do you think Port would seriously push out their best ball user and two time AA out of an area of the ground they have poor depth in, just for a draft pick?

Port is not pushing out Houston, not sure where that narrative has come from on here (because has certainly never been reported that way in the media). Do you think Port would seriously push out their best ball user and two time AA out of an area of the ground they have poor depth in, just for a draft pick?
Yes absolutely. They want into this draft

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

If you compare Luko to Rankine during their time at the Suns, Luko has been a lot better

Rankine became a star since arriving at us, there's a chance Luko will improve as well, as a lot of players do leaving Gold Coast

I'll be pretty annoyed if Port pay less for a contracted Luko with better exposed form than we did for Rankine
There's already more than enough real things to be upset at the club for, no need to invent new ones based on false assumptions.

They have a knack for knowing when a bloke has peaked and pushing him out when he still has value.

Where I'm jealous of them is their ability to push out established players, which sets them up to either move up the draft or go after players.

They've done it with Wingard, Polec, Ryder, Howard, Duursma and now Houston.

Ryder was the only one who really hurt them - moving him on arguably cost them the 2020 flag.

Letting Doedee go was probably the only time in recent memory we've done this.
Lobbe (who was a VC i think?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back