List Mgmt. Jack Martin chooses Geelong as new home

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching his highlights, Martin can hit those 45 degree inboard kicks and has an off foot, I'm thinking that he could be a HBF

Don't mind it at all.
Only issue is we have too many solid defenders as is. Maybe Mullin can become a permanent midfielder?
Humphries could certainly be trialed through the middle with another preseason under his belt.
Can't see Guthrie being shifted up the field.

Don't mind it at all.
Only issue is we have too many solid defenders as is. Maybe Mullin can become a permanent midfielder?
Humphries could certainly be trialed through the middle with another preseason under his belt.

We'll have around 33-35 players on our list get a game next year, between blooding new players and players getting injured or needing a rest. Something that can kill a team's year, is that that when they get to height and winter and the 27th to 30th players on their list and getting regular games, they find that they're playing 4 or 5 guys in the 22 who aren't even standing out in the 2nd tier, but have no better option.

Don't mind it at all.
Can't see him getting a game on anything other than past reputation,I think playing him will take us backwards to the old slow moving the ball forward Geelong.

Can't see him getting a game on anything other than past reputation,I think playing him will take us backwards to the old slow moving the ball forward Geelong.
You are blaming guthrie for chris scotts previous coaching strategy?

Guthries strength was his line breaking. It works much better woth pit mew game plan.

Guthries strength was his line breaking. It works much better woth pit mew game plan.

I read it as Guthrie being two years older, slower, and more injury prone, hence his ability to 'break lines' is more a thing of past reputation than an ability to continue doing it going forward.

If we can get something out of him in 2025 I'd see it as a bonus, but I wouldn't be relying on it.

Line breaking has never been Guthrie's strength he's an accumulator who's always looking to distribute to the line breakers hence his low mts gained per disposal he has been worked out and more and more those disposals are under extreme opposition pressure and result in a hacked kick in hope eventually by a player with less time and fewer options than Guthrie had in the first instance.

Might HBF be a chance to be less injury prone?

A bit like Miers who is reliable at set shots …. Martin is a very good kick…. and could be a weapon at those mid field kicks
Free hit Turbo and needed to be at one stage in his career he smoked of having huge upside and x factor but that's looking to have been extinguished he's at his best when free wheeling in the forward half hope he can re find his mojo at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jack Martin chooses Geelong as new home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back