Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

This really is a great example of what is currently so very wrong with the AFL.

Teams are more interested in marketing opportunities than they are in winning games.

You have got to be joking, we have lost several games precisely because we have absolutely nobody who can kick any goals. we have broke even or beaten many good sides in the midfield and/or backline but cannot kick scores. We also happen to have a no.1 draft pick who plays FF/CHF. Wouldn't putting him in be the perfect response at trying to win a game? YA THINK?

Jack just walking to his the G for his debut... Nothin special for him..

4524_103018418082_657713082_2818447_5795324_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what this kid can do, I too saw his VFL debut and was impressed. Took a great pack mark, had the quick wits to play on and snap the goal when the umpire called play on. Also kicked a nice goal off the boundary line later on, although it was the repeat efforts beforehand which really impressed me.

Makes the build up to the Queen's Birthday match a little bit bigger, I reckon we might see a bit of a boost in numbers at the game. Certainly would help the Dees from a financial point of view if a few more turned up.

Originally Posted by fredbasset
i rekon your coach is terrified of this cause hes position at the club is hanging by a needle and watts will destroy use guys. You got no one to put on him maxwell is a hack and brown is developing youngster so he will ned to take his time. prestigiocoma will take rusell robertitson as he always dominates against use guys remeber he kicked i think 7 goals 2 yrs ago. All in all i reckon use guys will come out to play but watss will shine on the biggest stage of them all and kick around 7-8 goals.

This is the funniest thing ive ever heard, was coming from a Melbourne supporter to Collingwood.

Since when did "Unlisted" become apart of Melbourne?

It's funny how Jack Watts comes in and Melbourne supporters think they will win because he is coming into the team, if you think that then the rest of the team must be pretty crap.

So what we shouldn't support our team and not be excited about seeing our young players debut? :rolleyes:

I think it's going into the game with high spirits also what is wrong with talking up winning? last year we lost by 20 points and before that we had one 3 or 4 of these games

melb supporters and club have placed ridiculous amounts of pressure on a kid that hasnt even played a game

lucky he doesnt play for a more hated/popular team, otherwise the criticisms from opposition fans and the dogs in the media would be far worse

hope he kicks a couple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a chuckle at some of the comments in here, some of you people need to cut the negative crap and get a life :thumbsu: .

Jack will do OK on debut, I'm not expecting big things.

Yet :D .

WTF?

d:

Funny, I've always found winning games far more exciting than holding out for the next great white hope.

Coming from a team with such a proud premiership tradition, give me a break. We are playing what everyone thought was the best player available in his first game!! Lighten up FFS, enjoy what could be a great career.

As for the SMS, its about time the MFC caught up with technology and got people and radio stations talking about the Dees for 48 hours as opposed to listening to piffle about Collingwood, Carlton, St Kilda Essendon etc.

I had a chuckle at some of the comments in here, some of you people need to cut the negative crap and get a life.
Should we be interested in the number one pick more than the other first gamers? :confused:
The walk to the 'G'
4524_103018418082_657713082_2818447_5795324_n.jpg
That will help you yell out Go number four! on Monday.

Watts is carrying his school bag and taking a packed lunch from home.

How quaint. :)

F: Betts Fevola Kreuzer

AHAHAHAHAH!! played footy with the guy since juniors - he's had foot stress fracture problems since under 10's, Carlton got jealous of essendon taking Gumbleton, so decided they'd get their own spaz... Bwahahaha...

Should we be interested in the number one pick more than the other first gamers? :confused:

That will help you yell out Go number four! on Monday.

Watts is carrying his school bag and taking a packed lunch from home.

How quaint. :)

Absolute LOL at your signature!

Look at our awesome Blues side... i've just left out the back and half-back lines because.... um.... LOL!

Good luck to him, I was excited seeing our 3 #1s debut.

It would be fair to have thought that Kreuzer was a little raw before seeing him debut and play fantastic footy for 1.5 seasons.

No reason Jack can't do a similar thing, the cream always rises to the top. In saying that, no reason to worry if he appears out of his depth, the speed of the game will get him before the physicality does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack watts debut this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back