Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Port Adelaide get the chance to draft this kid, I have no doubt they'll pick him up. They have got heaps of small forwards but no real tall, marking options besides Tredrea & Westhoff, but Westhoff I reckon plays more like a small forward, and Tredrea is getting old.

Watts should be the number one pick. If I were Melbourne I would take Watts and then use the leverage of pre season pick to get Warnock cheap. The dockers would have to beg Melbourne for a pick. Melbourne could get Warnock for a third round pick . That would still leave picks 17, 20 to get midfielders and another tall.

Only if Warnock will only go to Melbourne. If he'll accept other clubs, then it'd be an auction.

That is if Melbourne finish on the bottom. That is not a certainty yet.

Or if they finish 2nd last and Freo is below them...A player can say no to the team he's leaving in the PSD.

There is no chance that Melb would pass up Natanui. They need a 'marquee' player as much as they need a quality ruck. Whilst Watts or Rich could also end up being guns, I doubt they'll get as many bums on seats as Nick will.

In terms of drafting for need,

Melbourne - Ruck - Natanui

Port - Forward - Watts/Hurley

Freo - Midfield - Rich

West Coast - Midfield - Rich

Top 4 picks in this draft seem pretty good.

How's the quality after that?

While i don't disagree with you theory that melbourne need a marquee player, i don't think you can call Naitanui a marquee player before he's played a game of AFL. He might put bums on seat for his first few games, but if he then get blown the f__k out of the water by a cox or sandilands, he'll lose his shine pretty quickly

Just because he has a big leap and a big mop of dreadlocks doesn't make him a instant marquee player. Buddy wasn't an instant marquee player, neither was judd, riewoldt, pavlich or even ablett. Ablett was close, but only by name. They all had to earn the quasi title by playing consistantly good footy and dominating games single handedly. Cooney wasn't as recently as the start of the season, but with a awesome year this year i'd say he's almost what you'd call "marquee".

So in regards to us picking a marquee player, we just need the best available. Yes Naitanui has lot of marketing potential with his unique looks, franklin is similar but not so extreme, but if he's not that good then it'll mean sweet FA. I mean, is James Gwilt a marquee player?

And who's to say that Watts isn't going to be the next Jono Brown? If Watts can dominate his position like Brown did from such a young age then he has better potential as a "marquee" player then Naitanui who most people think will take several years of work before he can recognise the potential he has.

I'm not against melbourne taking Naitanui, but i don't think the marketability should have anything to do with it, he should be picked only if they think he's the best we can get with our pick. Even if we have a "marquee" player, people aren't going to by memberships if we're shit

Melbourne's 2 biggest needs are a ruckman and a KP forward. My thought is that if we can seal up warnock before the draft, then Watts would be our man. We've all seen that having an awesome ruckman doesn't mean much if you have major deficiencies in other areas, so even if Naita kills it, if we don't have a way to kick the goals then it'll mean little.

well said McLean_4_Captain

IMO our need for a key forward >>>>>>>> ruck >>> anything else
The cupboard is pretty bare bar Miller, who well never be as good as Neitz or Robbo, and Newton, who is still only fringe.

And if we can get Warnock we will be pretty set in the rucks.

I'm really keen on Watts and can't wait to see the WA v metro game next week. Should be very interesting to see NN, rich and watts in action.

If Port Adelaide get the chance to draft this kid, I have no doubt they'll pick him up. They have got heaps of small forwards but no real tall, marking options besides Tredrea & Westhoff, but Westhoff I reckon plays more like a small forward, and Tredrea is getting old.

we should take this kid - Watts (or Hurley) with our first pick

our tall forwards are Tredders and Hoff that have had game experience

we have Hoff jnr and Lobbe in the wings that havent had a game yet (both have been injured)

Check out the youtube video thread posted up by Dave The Man - it has a clip which shows highlights of Jacks throughout the champs.

Takes a couple of ripper marks in the clips, and possesses a huge leap as well as really good hands.

Check out the youtube video thread posted up by Dave The Man - it has a clip which shows highlights of Jacks throughout the champs.

Takes a couple of ripper marks in the clips, and possesses a huge leap as well as really good hands.

McKernan's vid > Watt's vid.

it will be hard if wce finish last because there is natinui who will most lickley b like goodes, rich who is proberly like hodge or watts who is like fevola. we need all three. i think wce will go for rich though as we have a few young KPF already

When and where did he run a 2.72?

"The Australian Institute of Sport basketball program timed him at 2.79 seconds for a 20-metre sprint, an exceptional time for a player of any size. In basketball, he played as a point guard and was regarded as the best prospect of his age in Victoria and possibly Australia."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he wants to stay in Victoria, id say there is a fair chance that will happen - as I think West Coast have Rich in their sights, at least by popular opinion they do anyway.

Its been said in many of threads, but it pretty much all comes down to whether or not Melbourne can secure the services of Warnock - which would change our need for a ruckman..

But Watts still needs to step up on Wednesday, its something to look forward to - as Nick Nat and Watts are all hype atm, so we shall get more insight into what they are capable of..

I'm pretty sure they only have access to QLD and NT players next year - no actual picks.

Yeah, something along those lines. But i know that they wont have draft picks until 2010.

I would think that if melbourne tell him they'll take him at No.1 and he can do what maric is doing this year (finishing year 12 and playing school footy and playing for sandringham) then he'll nominate.

Yeah, something along those lines. But i know that they wont have draft picks until 2010.

I would think that if melbourne tell him they'll take him at No.1 and he can do what maric is doing this year (finishing year 12 and playing school footy and playing for sandringham) then he'll nominate.

I hope thats the case and Melbourne take him.
That would ensure Freo get rich or naita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back