Jack Ziebell

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the north posters that laughed at Taylor, even to the extent of starting a thread on their board, are having a re-think about the seriousness of some of these injuries.

I think he was referring to Simon Taylor, Hawthorn's #1 ruckman who got his leg broken by a North player sliding into him up at Ballarat/Bendigo in a practice match early this year. Taylor is still yet to play this year.

IIRC there were some idiot posters regarding his injury.

Never funny or trollworthy when a player has a broken leg.

Ziebell has a small break of the other bone in the leg he broke last year , not overly serious , wont need surgery and up to six weeks out . Thats pretty good relatively speaking :)

So has he broken just the fibula?

I wonder if the north posters that laughed at Taylor, even to the extent of starting a thread on their board, are having a re-think about the seriousness of some of these injuries.

So this post is really saying "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!" Hardly covering yourself in glory there old stalker.

No such thing as a 'good' break, but it seems that this is right down the lower scale of things.

If North were a genuine chance this year, yeah push it to get him back on the track, but they should aim at getting him right for round 1 next year and play it safe this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully it is only a fracture and not a break, wont require surgery, he will miss 6 odd weeks, looked a lot worse. That is a fairly positive outcome, could have been a lot worse.

He needs to drink his milk...

No such thing as a 'good' break, but it seems that this is right down the lower scale of things.

If North were a genuine chance this year, yeah push it to get him back on the track, but they should aim at getting him right for round 1 next year and play it safe this year.

Don't think we are a genuine chance this year, unless you mean to make the finals. I guess we will find out next week when we play the Swans, looks it might be us or them.

These Broken leg injuries are awful , injuries are a blight on our game unfortunately ! Having broken a femur myself I cant look at these type of injuries without feeling ill . Good that Ziebell is okay and Barlow has a tough road for a while ... hope he realises footy isn't everything and Freo set him up in other areas while in recovery :footy:

These Broken leg injuries are awful , injuries are a blight on our game unfortunately ! Having broken a femur myself I cant look at these type of injuries without feeling ill . Good that Ziebell is okay and Barlow has a tough road for a while ... hope he realises footy isn't everything and Freo set him up in other areas while in recovery :footy:

He has a degree from Melbourne Uni in town planning, completed before he was drafted to Freo.

I wonder if one of the club forums will start up a thread to laugh at Ziebell's injury.

Classy lot the low-life north supporters in this forum.

Oh give it up you sook. One or two North people made a few comments about Taylor's injury.

Hawthorn - the team you support despite not having the guts to admit it - supporters spent years cackling over how they 'jibbed' us and 'bent us over' with the Hay trade.

I wonder if one of the club forums will start up a thread to laugh at Ziebell's injury.

Classy lot the low-life north supporters in this forum.

You are behaving really poorly now. Just STFU. No-one likes to see a footballer injured, and your efforts to get some sort of mileage out of this makes you look pretty ordinary.

You are behaving really poorly now. Just STFU. No-one likes to see a footballer injured, and your efforts to get some sort of mileage out of this makes you look pretty ordinary.

Despite having crossed swords with many of the Hawkers I like a lot of them and we have a healthy mutual respect and dare I say it even friendship, as in those old war movies: "You know Hawthorn soldier, one day, if it wasn't for this filthy war ..." etc, but this one is a flogalog of the highest order.

It's not the whats but hows that defines a great leader, company or a sports team. What is Z on long term injury but how is what do we do about it.

I believe this is probably the best time to bring in people like Warren Benjamin because i got a feeling that his explosiveness and creativity in the middle can be of great addition to our midfield.

He already lacks pace, so let's hope this doesn't set him back even further, as he seems like a great kid. :thumbsu:

I guess this is an fortunate thing within an unfortunate event. Such injuries would be a lot more devastating to players like Wells and Harvey.

And also to think about this further this will make Ziebell to think about his game style and mould him into improving his disposal skills. So even after a bad break, it actually is an catalyst for him to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ziebell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back