Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they in the window?

They did win a flag last last year teams don't drop off that much normally. I think they will bounce back next year.

They did win a flag last last year teams don't drop off that much normally. I think they will bounce back next year.
It's hard with the Pies as they've had a team that's been up near the mark (barring one anomalous disaster of a year) since 2018 - so their list profile is a lot older than those that have won their first flag as a group than general.

I do think if they get Macrae it provides a bit of respite for Nick, as he can play more like Sam Walsh and receive the ball more rather than having to win it himself which compromises any players disposal. Macrae, JDG, Mitchell and Daicos is a very good combination regardless of Mitchell's age.

If they add Stringer too, then it becomes even more dangerous of a side. Probably could have one more tilt at it if they add two talented veterans who have a year or two left of peak footy left.

I reckon every club should be vying for Macrae, if you are at the bottom you get a blue chip mid with at least a year of top end football left in him who has come from a successful culture and provides leadership and mentorship. If you're a contender I don't see how he wouldn't improve your midfield mix (even if he's your first rotation - that's a pretty handy first rotation)

From what I’ve heard it’s around the 2nd round with minimum chips going back , again absolutely not firm as it’s like 3rd hand info . But it’s from someone who told me about the Lapinski to pies and Coffield to the dogs well before they were done.
Saints only 2nd rounder is 24, which frankly would be a great result.

Saints only 2nd rounder is 24, which frankly would be a great result.
I think we would want to use that pick. A future second I could accept, begrudgingly. We have the ability to pay his entire contract, and I know it's not cumbersome to the Dogs TPP, but it is the smart play if other younger players are going to be prioritised in the Seniors over him.

In the end, it will depend on how facilitative the Dogs are given he is contracted, but I'd be hoping for a straight third rounder.

St Kilda wont give up #24 for Macrae

They can trade it for 2 later picks and give the later pick
41 & 57 from Richmond
Keep 41 and give 57 to doggies (57 will come into the 40's)
Why would Saints give up pick 24 they can keep it they do have pick 43 so they can use that for the Macrae trade

Also worth noting that this years draft is said to go extremely deep compared to recent years. And this is directly from the mouth of guys like Kinnear Beatson. Someone like Twomey said that picks in the 40’s could be like picks in the 20’s or 30’s have been in recent drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabelich was just on SEN saying Macrae wants to stay in Melbourne (so Geelong isn’t an option). Said St Kilda and North are making a play for him.
did geelong actually get named by gabelich?because i think many would just lump it in as melbourne when spoken in that context anyway

did geelong actually get named by gabelich?because i think many would just lump it in as melbourne when spoken in that context anyway
He Said Geelong is a no. Macraes Mrs runs a business in Malvern travel has been ruled out
I'd love the bloke.
But I doubt he chooses us

Which one of Treloar, Libba and Bont should've he replaced? He should have had minutes ahead of Gallagher, Garcia and Sanders but that's a coaching issue.
With your list how on earth are you so unsuccessful relative to the talent you have.

It seems like the Dogs have a surplus of talent on every line. What a waste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back