Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to Dunkley, instant top midfielder if given the opportunity.

Ceiling/trajectory probably slightly below Dunkley, but will be a top 2/3 midfielder at most clubs.

2x 1st round picks around the mark.

The logical move would be to trade Cogs, who has been overtaken by Hopper in the same role.

Too bad Cogs is entrenched in the club due to past leadership/long contract.

With that in mind, Hopper should absolutely request a trade to another club. Deserves $750k+, would suit all of Richmond, Collingwood (although we are poor), Hawthorn.

The logical move would be to trade Cogs, who has been overtaken by Hopper in the same role.

Too bad Cogs is entrenched in the club due to past leadership/long contract.

With that in mind, Hopper should absolutely request a trade to another club. Deserves $750k+, would suit all of Richmond, Collingwood (although we are poor), Hawthorn.

Is it and does he now?

Would be willing to see Richmond make a play for him. Pick 7 for Hopper. Dont know if that gets it done though, Maybe a sweetener on top

Either way he would still command two 1sts with maybe a 3rd possibly a 2nd going back.
I'm gonna be honest its mostly wishful thinking, Our midfield is sh*t and other than the times where Dusty rotates through the mid (which will most likely be less often in 2022) he would basically be our best midfielder straight away. I wasn't saying it wouldn't cost two first-rounders I'm just saying that for it to even be possible we need a very specific circumstance

Would be willing to see Richmond make a play for him. Pick 7 for Hopper. Dont know if that gets it done though, Maybe a sweetener on top

Would hurt to lose Hopper but I think I would take CCJ and a late first rounder for him where we might also be able to address the need of a Key Position Defender or Forward.

Would hurt to lose Hopper but I think I would take CCJ and a late first rounder for him where we might also be able to address the need of a Key Position Defender or Forward.
CJ would slot into your side really well imo. You've got great lead up forwards but no Lynch/Hawkins gorilla type forward, and CJ showed when Lynch was out that he could be that player, plus he's serviceable in the ruck (not a number one ruck at this stage).

Despite noise all year that he would leave us, lately the talk has turned towards him staying. I think if it helped us get Hopper we'd probably let him go though.

I feel like that would be a steal for us if we get Hopper and keep pick 7.
Indeed, I would consider it a steal! Bit like the Cerra to Carlton discussion, a top 10 pick - not a late first round pick - would be the central trade value, then the discussion would be ''what else''? Personally I'm not that keen on CCJ, but for those that are, pick 7 + CCJ would be an option IMHO for Hopper (not that I think he'll leave).

I'd ask for more initially, but settle for 7 + 26, noting they'll both drift later after father/son selections. Best hope would be two firsts with a second round going back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed, I would consider it a steal! Bit like the Cerra to Carlton discussion, a top 10 pick - not a late first round pick - would be the central trade value, then the discussion would be ''what else''? Personally I'm not that keen on CCJ, but for those that are, pick 7 + CCJ would be an option IMHO for Hopper (not that I think he'll leave).

I'd ask for more initially, but settle for 7 + 26, noting they'll both drift later after father/son selections. Best hope would be two firsts with a second round going back.
I think if there was a trade it would be two firsts or a first and ccj. I think he stays the only thing that even remotely suggests otherwise is him putting contract talks off till after the season but even then its kinda grasping at straws

Can always bring future picks into the conversation but that means GWS would be banking on us doing poorly and with a healthy list plus Hopper that would be a way too risky to bank on so i cant see that happening

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the Cerra thread you're talking about how much Carlton would have to cough up for Cerra. Yet here you're suggesting Richmond would only need to trade pick 7 for Hopper.

If Cerra is worth 2 first round picks including a top 10, Hopper would be worth 3 first rounders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the Cerra thread you're talking about how much Carlton would have to cough up for Cerra. Yet here you're suggesting Richmond would only need to trade pick 7 for Hopper.

If Cerra is worth 2 first round picks including a top 10, Hopper would be worth 3 first rounders.
I suggested pick 7 as more of a framework than anything, Im aware its more then Pick 7 required but that is obviously where it starts, Starts with Pick 7 and we add on that, Sorry for the confusion, Re Reading it i can see why its confusing since its awfully written for what i was trying to get across

I suggested pick 7 as more of a framework than anything, Im aware its more then Pick 7 required but that is obviously where it starts, Starts with Pick 7 and we add on that, Sorry for the confusion, Re Reading it i can see why its confusing since its awfully written for what i was trying to get across
No need to apologise mate, all good.

I wish Carlton were gunning for Hopper instead of Cerra. He is the real deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jacob Hopper [re-signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back