Jacobs & Walker Trade Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Port express interest in A.Walker

however given that Port have just raised Walker's currency Carlton have asked for

Boak, Salopek, Gray, Trengrove, Port's #1 pick and GC compo pick

in all seriousness, Carlton should ask for Salter, they need a forward

All their picks are after ours anyway, so unless they want to throw their first rounder at him, or start offering up decent players, why would it matter?
Besides, it seems like we'll land Tambling, so I'm not sure I'd care if we missed out on Walker.

or Port are worried about public / supporter perception that we are so active and they are so in-active

I still have a gut feeling that Walker will come in a package deal with Jacobs

Yeh agree. Package deal. Walkers manager was the one that publicly smashed Port. Walker will not be going to Port. No way, like a few other players. If they are coming across to Adelaide, it will be to the AFC.

Walker is a good player. I have no problem with port having a go. they are entitled to bid for him like everyone else.

To be honest port have less to trade then what we do and we have the better draft picks. so they will find it tough going to out bid us.

What I find annoying is seeing the same sides year after year frustrate trade week and nominate that they have an interest in every single player up for trade. In the early 2000's it was essendon and lately its the bulldogs that give me the shits.

Can you believe it?

Bloody Power! Find your own targets. We do all the due diligence and they just jump on board.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the blues approached Port in an attempt to bump up their compensation for him.

Totally agree. Always come after our targets. Pathetic!

Walker is a good player. I have no problem with port having a go. they are entitled to bid for him like everyone else.

To be honest port have less to trade then what we do and we have the better draft picks. so they will find it tough going to out bid us.

What I find annoying is seeing the same sides year after year frustrate trade week and nominate that they have an interest in every single player up for trade. In the early 2000's it was essendon and lately its the bulldogs that give me the shits.
How do we have better draft picks than Port?? I presume you are just assuming their first rounder is off the table...

Primus has a youth policy backed by the board so to trade low draft picks i have presumed is not totally on their radar (i have been known to be wrong) but bottom line is port finished higher on the ladder which means we receive better draft picks. plus we have alot more draft picks as well.

How do we have better draft picks than Port?? I presume you are just assuming their first rounder is off the table...
Believe it or not, Port finished above us on the ladder. Thus, their pick in each round occurs after ours. Thus, we have the better picks.

They also don't have a compo pick to throw around.

I can't see them bettering our offer unless they're prepared to offer pick #16 - and if they're dumb enough to do that then they deserve to win Walker's services.

Primus has a youth policy backed by the board so to trade low draft picks i have presumed is not totally on their radar (i have been known to be wrong) but bottom line is port finished higher on the ladder which means we receive better draft picks. plus we have alot more draft picks as well.
By my count Port currently have 4 senior list vacancies to Adelaide's 5. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot more"...

Believe it or not, Port finished above us on the ladder. Thus, their pick in each round occurs after ours. Thus, we have the better picks.

I can't see them bettering our offer unless they're prepared to offer pick #16 - and if they're dumb enough to do that then they deserve to win Walker's services.
Gee. What the hell happened to us. Being overseas for the end of the season didn't help me!!

Not to mention the fact that a player would have to be desperate (through lack of options) or completely FITH to want to join the Power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention the fact that a player would have to be desperate (through lack of options) or completely FITH to want to join the Power.
Fair to say that they're not exactly a highly desirable destination. It was very clear in 2009 that nobody wanted to go there, that may change with Primus having replaced Williams as head coach.

lol nope a change of coach doesnt change their low profile/crowds etc. The only thing that would be appealing which port could be competitive in is the money.

Like 'Kurt Tippett is an absolute monty to go to the Gold Coast'? (c.2009 about 2 weeks before he signed with us)

Edit: here it is...

1 minute 45 seconds in.

[youtube]8ntXpHSPcZ4[/youtube]

The Port Rumour is highly likely the same sort of rumour as Geelong being after Tambling. Adelaide are in the box seat for Andrew Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back