Jacobs & Walker Trade Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't actually give up our pick 14 as part of the Jacobs trade. We should be reserving that for the best available young talent.

Is it time to make a play for Jon Giles? Rendell talks about the GC probably getting him (as a player formerly on a list) but doesn't Giles have to agree to GC picking him? If Giles was to say no to GC, which draft would he go into? The ND or the pre-season?
He can definitely nominate for the ND. I'm not sure about the PSD - his nomination would be automatic if he falls through the ND, but I think it's only currently listed players who can nominate directly for the PSD. I'm not 100% certain about this though..

Makes for some interesting list management decisions - and all but eliminates the chances of Jaensch getting an upgrade.

I don't think he has to be upgraded.

With only one veteran listed player next year he would be our nominated rookie wouldn't he? Can be chosen at any time and gets second year minimum AFL wage of some sort (not rookie salary) for being so.

Or do I have it wrong?

I don't think he has to be upgraded.

With only one veteran listed player next year he would be our nominated rookie wouldn't he? Can be chosen at any time and gets second year minimum AFL wage of some sort (not rookie salary) for being so.

Or do I have it wrong?
We have room for 1 nominated rookie. We have 3 players looking for an upgrade (Jaensch, Schmidt & Thompson). The mathematics isn't pretty.

Does anyone know if you can trade pre-season draft picks?

If so we could trade for Gold Coast or West coast's picks and just pick Jacobs up in the pre-season draft.:thumbsu:

You are asuming we have no furher delistings?
The assumptions I have made are:
Goodwin - retired (veterans list)
McLeod - retired (veterans list)
Burton - retired
Edwards - retired
Hentschel - retired
Jacky - delisted
Bock - defected
Doughty - upgraded to veterans list
Henderson - upgraded to senior list

That leaves 5 senior list vacancies; 6 if Griffin finds a new home.

No assumptions have been made about any other player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port express interest in A.Walker

Can you believe it?

Bloody Power! Find your own targets. We do all the due diligence and they just jump on board.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the blues approached Port in an attempt to bump up their compensation for him.

Was it Walker's Manager that criticised Port a year or two ago and said why would any one go to Port :confused:

I must admit that was my immediate reaction! :D

I reckon you might be interested in someone with pick 16 and want the crows to part with pick 14 so you can get them!

Sneaky bastards! :p

or Port are worried about public / supporter perception that we are so active and they are so in-active

I still have a gut feeling that Walker will come in a package deal with Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back