Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How/why are you speaking with such apparent authority?

How? I know a couple of people involved in the process that I have enormous faith in.

Why? I'm not sure why people can make a judgement without any knowledge of his actual issue or any medical expertise.

"""AFL career[edit]
Didak was drafted by the Collingwood Football Club with the 3rd pick in the 2000 AFL Draft, and in 2001 he made his AFL debut against the Kangaroos at the Telstra Dome in Round 7; gathering 10 possessions and kicking one goal. He played five games in total in 2001.

In 2002, Didak earned an AFL Rising Star nomination.[2] Didak was an extremely talented small forward and was also very capable in the midfield. He was known for his accurate goal kicking and clutch ability which often saw him likened to club legend Peter Daicos. In 2005, Didak's season was disrupted by injuries and problems. He had knee surgery during the pre-season, setting him up for his first game on ANZAC Day against Essendon. His injury had an effect upon his performances. Having had minor issues since the mid-year break, he was suspended in Round 14 for two matches and after returning from that, he injured an ankle. When he returned in the next week, he lasted only 20 minutes, before suddenly fainting on the ground with an irregular heart beat.[3]

In 2006 Didak was awarded the Copeland Trophy as the best and fairest Collingwood player for 2006.[4]""""

How many supporters were flipping their lids in 2005 when dids fainted on ground due to a heart condition ? Just to get perspective for some overreacting people

He actually said "I'm not really in a diagnosable area for the disease, or whatever it is".

Some reports mentioned it was an irregular heart beep.Though that has not been confirmed.

Reading that comment from him, it reads as though the issue isn't serious enough to be diagnosed as a fully fledged heart condition.
This is how I have interpreted it as well. Basically so minor, it doesn’t technically even rate in a catergory to formally diagnose.

I can reassure you that his heart condition is very manageable. He has about the same risk of dying in a plane accident than encountering issues with his heart. The cardiologist who gave advice is a world leader in this field.

Is it a chronic condition that will require ongoing medication, or just an irregular heart caused by say a virus infection that should not be expected to recurr.

1. Tom Browne‏Verified account @TomBrowne7

Jaidyn Stephenson just punched in a 6.44 in his first 2k since being recruited Friday. He can definitely run #pies @CollingwoodFCpic.twitter.com/qpEePxgI9b

DPmFhcIVAAAeF6G.jpg

5 replies 11 retweets 50 likes
23 seconds slower than his combine result (http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-10-06/combine-wrap-2km-time-trial-)

Where's that panic button when you need it, must be his heart?:p

Another awful decision by the club. When you are a top 4 team, there's room for the 'left-field' call. When you are a perpetually declining team like ours, you take the best available. He's got a f*cking heart condition for absolute f*ck's sake.

We are completely screwed with these clowns running the show.

Typical, positive post from you as always.
Hasn't played a game for "absolute f*ck's sake".... Give the kid a break!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don’t think WHE is an accurate comparison, WHE is a ‘receiver’ and Stephenson looks to be a ‘doer’, he goes and gets involved and finds the ball easily. But if Stephenson had Danger’s contested ball ability he’d be the best player in the league in no time. With his frame you can’t see him realistically developing into a contested beast.

It’s intriguing at least as he doesn’t really have an AFL equivalent. Currently closer to an Isaac Smith like Knightmare says or a Cam Guthrie, with a lesser kick but an added ability to bring danger forward and kick goals.

The U18 all stars game is available online and it’s interesting to judge him on a game where he was BOG. He had 22 disposals, 8 marks, 5 tackles, 4 I50s, kicked 4 goals and I counted at least two assists (and even more impressive is that it was with limited game time as he left early in the fourth with an ankle injury). But if you look at his contested numbers he did all this with 4 contested possessions in total for the game. It’s obviously due to where he was played but shows we can’t really forecast anything dominant on the inside at this stage. Here are the links for the replay if anyone’s keen (Murphy also plays and does a couple of nice things but is out early with concussion):

Q1:
http://m.afl.com.au/video/2017-09-30/nab-afl-all-star-game-quarter-one

Q2:
http://m.afl.com.au/video/2017-09-30/nab-afl-all-star-game-quarter-two

Q3:
http://m.afl.com.au/video/2017-09-30/nab-afl-all-star-game-quarter-three

Q4:
http://m.afl.com.au/video/2017-09-30/nab-afl-all-star-game-quarter-four

Agree re comparison to Danger but it’s hard to compare established star to an 18 year old. Others have pointed out Danger was skinny at same age and he obviously had limitations that saw him go at pick 10. I also suspect that with JS being a 2.95sec 20m that Danger would be faster than him (but on checking his draft combine result Danger was 2.92sec so not a big difference http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2007.htm

Even if JS doesn’t end up like Dangerfield I’m more than happy for him to be like Peter Matera, as others have suggested in this thread! If he’s ‘only’ a WHE level than we still filled a list need.

Agreed. But he isn't risk free. Other clubs were not prepared take him. I think he's a gamble we could ill afford to make. We have many injury prone and riddled players and top 10 picks don't grow on trees.
Yeah,

and Chris Judd had bad shoulders...
and Joel Sellwood had a bad shoulder and bad knee...

Typical, positive post from you as always.
Hasn't played a game for "absolute f*ck's sake".... Give the kid a break!!
so agree with you...give him a break....this kids busted his ass to get to where hes at and that poster saying that crap is bu..s.... have some fooking respect .....dont see u out there doing it so shhhhhhhhhhh

so agree with you...give him a break....this kids busted his ass to get to where hes at and that poster saying that crap is bu..s.... have some fooking respect .....dont see u out there doing it so shhhhhhhhhhh

There are some People on Here and Social Media who do nothing accept Complain.

Thank Christ for the Ignore Button on Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back