Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be it’s just me, but Fogarty is of no interest to me, not no more.

We have Jaidyn and that’s more than good enough.

I thought he looked every bit a 200 gamer. Just interested what others think about Fogarty from Adelaide. Does anyone think he would’ve been a better pick to fill your fwd needs? Me personally I would’ve loved him at pick 10 to take Silvagni’s place as the third tall.
A lot of us were keen on him. I always thought he could play FF in his first year and by the looks of it he’s handling perfectly. Will go into the middle in a couple of years. Did he maybe tank his interviews?

A lot of us were keen on him. I always thought he could play FF in his first year and by the looks of it he’s handling perfectly. Will go into the middle in a couple of years. Did he maybe tank his interviews?

I heard a few Whispers that he did tank the Interview.

That would explain why he went 12 and Vic Club even Saints and Blues had 2 Picks and did not Pick him

There might have been a bit of risk about him returning to South Australia that we don’t know about

So often you see kids debut with very little impact or presence.
Neither was the case with Jaidyn, he looks the goods and completely comfortable at senior level.
And while there are concerns with his size, I don't thinks its a huge problem given, he's almost identical to the junior Guthrie at GEEL.

Acquitted himself very well in his first game in trying conditions. Looking forward to this kid's output this season, especially when he gets going at full pace. Exciting times!
I did like in the last Qtr he started to take the Game On which he did not do in 1st 3 Qtrs.

He be good when he gets his Confidence up

The promising start of the 2 new lads was about the only positive from a miserable game from Collingwood

Agree. They where the only real postives you could take heading home after the Game

Baptism of fire for him. He can’t play in this weak team and get smashed each week. He needs to play vfl and bulk up.
playing in times like this is where they get there experience and strenght from...play him all year...let him have his ups and downs....knowing jaidyn...he will pull thru with flying colours and will love the challenge...thought his debut game was excellent

playing in times like this is where they get there experience and strenght from...play him all year...let him have his ups and downs....knowing jaidyn...he will pull thru with flying colours and will love the challenge...thought his debut game was excellent
You and Jaidyn would be very proud about the way he played. As are we! He showed heart, something most of the players didn’t have on the night. Agreed, play him until he can’t play no more. We’ll be better off for it in the future. Can’t wait for that breakout game :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this.
Essendon are in a stronger position today because they bit the bullet and played their youngsters when they knew they had little chance of winning.
Their coach was was able to expose these players to the big time, and the game plan, which is starting to get results.
If, and only if, we decide that we are in the same position that Essendon were two years ago, then we can blood the youngsters without the expectation of finals.

That tackle and smother at the end of the video was about the only heart we saw all night. Was good to see.

Sad that came from a Kid in his 1st Game.

Hope Bucks shows that to the Whole Team

The whole episode with Kirby makes me so so so scared for Stephenson too. I know we would have done very check in the book, but the risk is immense.
I’m sure we did due diligence. Us and or any club for that matter. God forbid anything should happen of that nature. But that said, if anything did, at least he got a shot at the Big time and his dreams fulfilled. He would have been doing what he loved. Bet let’s hope that one day us and him look back and talk about a Stellar career that includes B&Fs, Brownlow and Flags.

I’m sure we did due diligence. Us and or any club for that matter. God forbid anything should happen of that nature. But that said, if anything did, at least he got a shot at the Big time and his dreams fulfilled. He would have been doing what he loved. Bet let’s hope that one day us and him look back and talk about a Stellar career that includes B&Fs, Brownlow and Flags.
Does due Dilgence mean medical research?

I'm sure we did our due diligence with Kirby too.

Does due Dilgence mean medical research?
Yes. But overall i’m Sure we spoke to medical professionals inside and outside of club as well as him, family etc either way it’s his dream to play AFL. Hoping both him and club are winners from his drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back