Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again looks ok, should probably get pushed out of the side in the event that De Goey, Fas, Elliott and Wells come back but who knows when that’ll be?

Glad we can get him some exposure.

Needs a rest I think, but will be better for the experience.

Just play him as much as we can , give him a few weeks breather here and there. More games we get into him at AFL level the better

I'm happy to keep playing him but he looked slow and off the pace last night.
Really struggled physically and his pace was non existent.

Needs a rest.

He hasn't set the world on fire but I'll give him time.
Still think Fogarty was our man.

He is not best 22-25. Probably not best 30.
He's playing because we have injuries and we want to expose him.
If we get a few back I'm happy to see him play VFL and learn. Bring him back around half way for a couple and then again at the end of the year if he has any gas left.

Yep needs a couple of weeks in the VFL.
Great that he was given a taste at senior level.
Apparently he is the quickest person at the club but have yet to see him display his speed. I'm sure with time and confidence we will start seeing that too.

He got burnt a couple of times with poor kicks to him when he was leading and providing options..
I would give him a block of 6-8 games, even with injured players coming back.
He will develop and learn more with players like Elliott, Fasolo and deGoey in the forward line with him. as well as having better disposals to him with the likes of Wells in the team.

Whilst he looks the logical omission for the returning De Goey,
He’ll be a beauty.

Ps very few enter game 1 as a “child” and become the elite star.

Just play him as much as we can , give him a few weeks breather here and there. More games we get into him at AFL level the better
I'm of the opposite opinion. With dashers, I reckon they lose a bit of their confidence and flair if they're played too much before ready. I'd give him a stint in the VFL and keep him there until he's really taking the game on and having an influence at that level. I'd also be playing him wing, half back, so he has more opportunities to run and carry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a learning year for Jaidyn and a run in the two's wont hurt him at all and will probably benefit his development.

Do good for his Confidence to play well in VFL before coming back to AFL later in the Season

Looked a bit tired last night. Has done very well so far, a week off from footy soon will do him some good. Don’t wont to burn him out

Does not look that Bad at AFL Level.

Paul Roos said last week that going back in to 2nds in 1st few years for a New Prospect is almost good for them

All part of the learning curve

Does not look that Bad at AFL Level.

Paul Roos said last week that going back in to 2nds in 1st few years for a New Prospect is almost good for them
Did not think he was bad, just looked a bit tired. He will be a very good player for us in time. But he will need a rest soon. There is a big jump from tac footy to afl, he will need to be managed soon.

Did not think he was bad, just looked a bit tired. He will be a very good player for us in time. But he will need a rest soon. There is a big jump from tac footy to afl, he will need to be managed soon.

Yes it is a Big Jump. I did not say he was bad but not getting a Ton of Ball.

Nothing Wrong going back to the VFL in your 1st Season to get more use to playing with Men

I'm of the opposite opinion. With dashers, I reckon they lose a bit of their confidence and flair if they're played too much before ready. I'd give him a stint in the VFL and keep him there until he's really taking the game on and having an influence at that level. I'd also be playing him wing, half back, so he has more opportunities to run and carry.

After the weekends games I'd actually like to see some of the kids like Stephenson, Murphy, McLarty, Daicos and even T Brown rotated through the senior side.

After the weekends games I'd actually like to see some of the kids like Stephenson, Murphy, McLarty, Daicos and even T Brown rotated through the senior side.
Sier also, but at this stage of the season I just want us to play our best team. And I don't think that any of them are in it. Other than the returnees, I think that Will's should be the next cab off the rank.

Isn't ready to have an impact the the bigtime yet, only reason he's played is due to injuries, be nice to see him earn a few games on form towards the end of the season.

Could be back before End of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back