Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke D-U playing as well from reports. looks like quite a few of the top 10-15 are gonna get early chances.

It's interesting in its way; round 1 used to be considered an especially bruising affair, but now it seems like a good time to roll out the draftees.

Who would you gone with instead
Probably Callum Brown but you really shouldn't be asking me.

I'm not the one who was given free rein to assemble the list to his liking and is now picking a kid who looks miles of it for rd 1.
And yes, I'm aware of our injuries but apparently they are the same as everyone else's.

Probably Callum Brown but you really shouldn't be asking me.

I'm not the one who was given free rein to assemble the list to his liking and is now picking a kid who looks miles of it for rd 1.
And yes, I'm aware of our injuries but apparently they are the same as everyone else's.
I could be ok with Callum instead, had a good JLt2 game.
I supposed they gone with more pace.

Is Callum a confirmed out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting in its way; round 1 used to be considered an especially bruising affair, but now it seems like a good time to roll out the draftees.

More recently, it's been about the endurance aspect as much as anything. Seasoned players will be completely spent late 3rd - early 4th so it becomes a real test for the draftees to go the distance.

More recently, it's been about the endurance aspect as much as anything. Seasoned players will be completely spent late 3rd - early 4th so it becomes a real test for the draftees to go the distance.

True enough. I worry less about Murray in that regard, who's been in the system for a couple of years. Stephenson will almost certainly struggle after halftime.

True enough. I worry less about Murray in that regard, who's been in the system for a couple of years. Stephenson will almost certainly struggle after halftime.

That not a Sure thing as Stephenson has a good Engine and Endurance

Stephenson’s endurance is as good, or arguably better than many senior players going by his time trials, so I’m not so sure he’ll struggle that early.

Stephenson’s endurance is as good, or arguably better than many senior players going by his time trials, so I’m not so sure he’ll struggle that early.

He might be the Difference late in the Game IF it's a Close Game because of his Good Endurance and X-Factor

The club are backing him in, so I'm confident that he'll be (relatively) okay, but I suppose my feeling is that the conditions of an AFL match are particular. The nervous excitement alone will take something out of him.

He'll get through just fine, but for myself I won't be expecting him to get us over the line if the game is up for grabs in the last!

The club are backing him in, so I'm confident that he'll be (relatively) okay, but I suppose my feeling is that the conditions of an AFL match are particular. The nervous excitement alone will take something out of him.

He'll get through just fine, but for myself I won't be expecting him to get us over the line if the game is up for grabs in the last!

We need players with X-Factor to get us over the Line and we don't have many who can be Match Winners and Should not Rely on Stephenson to win it for us yet(Has the Potential to become that Type) but he could Surprise a bit in his 1st Few Seasons

Same, I find it odd that others are suggesting he's an alternate to Stephenson when it's highly likely they'll both play.

and Different Kind/Type of Players as well

Time trials and match fitness are two different things.

Jayden clearly has a great deal of talent and some attributes that will make us a far better side. I’ll back the match committee in selecting him for round 1, but IMO a bit premature...would have preferred to see him earn his spot in the 2’s first. Tends to get caught and make poor decisions at times, these things can be worked through in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back