News James Mcdonald to Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he would come into the team to play simply as a blocking role for Judd.

He is also a very good tagger. Offers the club a hell of a lot of experience and leadership and it could be in some sort of playing 1st year/assistant coach second year.

Both Ratten and Bomber know what the guy is like from their time at Melbourne.

Wouldnt cost us anything and would be on minimum wage....doesnt hurt IMO. We have many worse players than McDonald on our list!

Not saying that there is nothing in this BUT I have been on the phone to 3 senior officials (not Swann) today and they all say (a) it's news to them and (b) they're totally opposed to the idea. So chill people

I really like him as a player and he seems like a good bloke. BUT he is just too old, surely we would be better off putting more time into one of our young midfielders. I guess if he played for minimum wage and we picked him up through the PSD it would be bearable, but I don't see the logic behind it.

I like James McDonald, but this would be a crazy idea, I was opposed to picking up Tarrant because of his age, let alone McDonald, what ever happened to our youth policy?

If we are intent on picking up a player like him, why don't we look into Nathan Jones instead? He might cost more, but he's younger, stronger and will play many games for us, he's very good mates with Brock and would relish playing with us

Personally I prob would prefer to invest more games into guys like Ellard and Grigg though

And we shouldnt get too despondent on the Grigg stuff yet. Club is actually more optimistic than a week ago. Tigers are into him and have offered him more money, and that's the major sticking point now. Today's story is pure player manager pressure i'd say.

The sooner our club moves Riley on the better.

Johnson,mcLean and now McDonald???????:rolleyes:

Also, my mail is Grigg has agreed to a new contract.

I'm tired of ex Melbourne players who aren't offering us much, Johnson McLean.....McDonald? give us a spell Carlton Recruiting Dept.

If we need to find a grunt midfielder to protect Judd and Co. we have the cash how about we try and recruit a decent one with plenty of footy left in him and who has no injury concerns.

We have the grunt players in our own backyard we need to keep developing them. Grigg, Robo, Ellard etc....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we shouldnt get too despondent on the Grigg stuff yet. Club is actually more optimistic than a week ago. Tigers are into him and have offered him more money, and that's the major sticking point now. Today's story is pure player manager pressure i'd say.

Guys. I formally call shenannigans on this story. It's crap

I love you EP.

I'm tired of ex Melbourne players who aren't offering us much, Johnson McLean.....McDonald? give us a spell Carlton Recruiting Dept.

If we need to find a grunt midfielder to protect Judd and Co. we have the cash how about we try and recruit a decent one with plenty of footy left in him and who has no injury concerns.

We have the grunt players in our own backyard we need to keep developing them. Grigg, Robo, Ellard etc....

Sorry to intrude lads, but you shouldn't group Macca with Johnson or McLean. Underated, gutsy footballer who has been a champion for the Dees. Would offer great value if you think you can finish top-four.
Johnson, as you blokes know is a soft front runner (unlike his father) while mcLean is shot from leg injuries.

Greg Swann on SEN now has said Carlton are not interested in McDonald and does not fit their list requirements and he doesn't know how that rumour started.

He said when asked by KB they are not really interested in Warnocks brother and trade talks are still continuing with Walker. Nothing mentioned on Grigg or Jacobs.

Was about a 5 minute interview with Box Seat Bartlett.

I was told by someone who knows people at Carlton that Ratten has been told that he needs to make a Prelim to get a contract for 2012.
I thought it was rubbish, but with every player being linked to Carlton and then hearing this that James McDonald might be signed up by Carlton and it seems that what he said might have some merit.

Didn't say much that we already know..

*Brennan a chance but tips GC as frontrunners for him..
*Grigg is close to signing...
*Walker & Thornton assessing their options..
*Jacobs only the official request to be traded however won't be if we don't get what we want.
*M.Warnock, Thursfield, Tambling all have not been discussed and unlikely.

Didn't learn much from the interview.

The one i dont want to lose is Grigg, he has plaenty of upside left in him. As for Walker and Jacobs Carlton MUST play hard ball and get the best possible deals for them. If they dont they stay simple as that, have also heard that the top brass have expressed to RATTEN win home final at least , if not bye bye.

Concerned about our assistants on Barker signed, and apparently Hawthorn were going to get rid of him anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Mcdonald to Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back