Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

A fair deal f2 for sure.
But fair went out the window when GWS offered him a one year deal.
We offer 4 year securityon assumed fair coin.
There must be a reason Reid wants to hold our f2 so I’m
happy for him to let him do his job.
We won’t lose the player imo.

I'm sorry but if I'm Peatling's manager I'm telling the crows to get this done tonight, why risk the PSD you still have to nominate for the national draft in order to get to the pre season one.

Just give them the F2 ffs
You don’t have to nominate for the ND. You can nominate directly for the PSD.

I'm sorry but if I'm Peatling's manager I'm telling the crows to get this done tonight, why risk the PSD you still have to nominate for the national draft in order to get to the pre season one.

Weirdly, it must be Peatling's manager who's giving this the okay, as he will be the one telling North and Richmond not to take him.

Surely it gets resolved.

A fair deal f2 for sure.
But fair went out the window when GWS offered him a one year deal.
We offer 4 year securityon assumed fair coin.
There must be a reason Reid wants to hold our f2 so I’m
happy for him to let him do his job.
We won’t lose the player imo.
Yeah if he ends up accepting F2, tried to get more but didn't work, then that's fine as long as we get the player. He's not going to have a massive contract as a detriment so there is a risk an other club will grab him in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe F2 isn't enough, with additions, an easier draw and an even comp, it might end up being a few spots worse than it currently looks. There's a risk with future picks which should lead to a discount against perceived value. If we get him just for a F2, we've done exceedingly well.

The deal probably hasn't gone through because GWS don't want us to hand over assets that Essendon will demand for Stringer

Speaking of, GWS have walked away from Stringer so maybe there will be movement soon

The difference in valuing Peatling and ANB is likely the out of contract PSD thread

But I still think we will need to fold on this , west coast could convince him between now and pre season draft

I reckon Richmond would also be in the hunt for a multi-preseason mid ager to help with competitiveness in the short term. Given ANB's need to get back to SA, his contract status shouldn't have been considered in his value. We should have been prepared to go without him, it's not like he's going to be an important cog in our next contending period.

I wonder whether the hold up is that we're looking at a 3rd club to get involved to try and swap our two future 3rds for a future 2nd.
That sounds like a plausible explanation. And I like it! Especially, as someone else posted that F2 could come into play for a trade flurry on the big night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back