Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just give them the F2 that they want and get the deal done.

Why bother haggling in this instance?
Maybe we are holding the F2 for draft night - maybe to try and trade with North for pick 2 (ie 4 + F2 for 2 if North are happy to take any one of Lalor, FOS, Smith)? But if we could get GWS F2 back as part of it or trade a few F3's for him, it still allows something possible to happen on the night like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem a bit odd this is dragging out so long, but then I didn't think GWS and Essendon would be haggling over a pick in the 40s or 50s for Stringer. List managers just seem obsessed with winning every aspect of a trade. This deal, Parker and Stringer should have been done last week, yet here we are.

Yep but then we’d be folding for Peatling by giving the extra 😂

Peatling is worth a second rounder. ANB worth a second with change coming back. But at the end of the day, you only pay what you have to pay. We're negotiating hard with Peatling, but we didn't with ANB and now we're potentially paying the price for lazily leaving value in Melbournes hands that we should have gotten.

It does seem a bit odd this is dragging out so long, but then I didn't think GWS and Essendon would be haggling over a pick in the 40s or 50s for Stringer. List managers just seem obsessed with winning every aspect of a trade. This deal, Parker and Stringer should have been done last week, yet here we are.
The AFL hold back approving or at least releasing, agreed deals to make it seem like an exciting and dramatic finish. It keeps everyone looking for updates all day.

I'm certain Peatling is one that has been agreed by all parties and held back for a bit of drama.

The AFL hold back approving or at least releasing, agreed deals to make it seem like an exciting and dramatic finish. It keeps everyone looking for updates all day.

I'm certain Peatling is one that has been agreed by all parties and held back for a bit of drama.

This.

They desperately want their TV coverage to be relevant.

Well done Sam, doing his job trying to keep the viewers engaged with the deadline day charade.

It will get done. The concern for the PSD is likely us (WCE) - we had strong interest in him. Richmond and Norf nothing from what has been reported. If James has committed to/wants to go to the Crows, it will happen even with the PSD you’d think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back