News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just putting it out there before the goo fest over him being a former pick 4

GWS must have taken him at pick 4 for a reason.... they could gave used pick 6 on him

I've had a look online and I've spoken with my sister in law who's a physio and I can't find much that says a lisfranc injury takes 18 months to recover from.
Has anyone got some reliable info that points to it being a career threatening injury in a man who's in his early twenties?
If we got Pickett right he sounds like a potential high value player.
Also, it seems a little arrogant for an injured inexperienced player to nominate a club unless they're very confident of a full recovery?

Yeah you're right. Maybe I'm just a bit too cautious in getting my hopes up. Blues have let me down too much to get to enthusiastic this early. Lol.

I really hope he comes back first thing for preseason training.

And who was the guy who got him with pick 4? The same guy giving all the off-cuts a second life

Twomey, Quayle, Landsburger all had him going at 4 in their phantom drafts...

I've had a look online and I've spoken with my sister in law who's a physio and I can't find much that says a lisfranc injury takes 18 months to recover from.
Has anyone got some reliable info that points to it being a career threatening injury in a man who's in his early twenties?
If we got Pickett right he sounds like a potential high value player.
Also, it seems a little arrogant for an injured inexperienced player to nominate a club unless they're very confident of a full recovery?
I read an article about the injury in the NFL, where its a lot more common. According to the article a study of the injury in the NFL found that the average recovery time was 1.3 years. So about 15/16 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should only be sugar on top of any deal we make that hands over a first round pick. Injury record and looks the type to bust after being flashy as a kid. Along with Marchbank there needs to be one other pretty sure thing plus a Corr type who is a bit of a squad filler

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back