Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

If georgiades or butters wanted to leave, why would they chose north?

If we put them up for trade, they’d say no and request a trade to west coast and a contending vic club next year.

North will be compensated well, but it will involve draft picks and/or fringe players

I think Port need to sell the dream to their supporters as much or more than North do.

Anything Port offer, accepted or not, wouldn't be enough to buy pick #1 this season so it will ultimately be a bargain to get last year's one. Assuming he doesn't fall out of the game

It's a false equivalence. Lets say the deal is 8+F1+27. You're right, a club probably doesn't accept that, but that is because they haven't seen pick 1 in the AFL yet. Every year pick 1 is going to be a ready made star and going to be the best player in the competition. If you have a look at the top picks over the past few years, which one is worth more than those picks. Rowell, Thiltorpe, Walsh, Rayner, McGrath, Weitering, Mccartin, Boyd, Whitfield, Patton, Swallow, Scully, Watts, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy.

With the benefit of hindsight, there is only 1 player worth more on that list and even then you could have taken Bailey Smith at 8 and kept the change. A few would be worth a similar amount, and most of them (again with the benefit of hindsight) would be start the car territory. JHF was supposed to be the most complete player the competition had ever seen. North turned over the card and found he wasn't crash hot. Soligo and Sonsie were just as good at mid 2nd rounders. We're banking on the fact that he didn't settle and he will be the player everyone thought he was. JHF is worth less than pick 1 was last year because he has a cross against his name. He hasn't proven he will be a star yet. Pick 1 itself doesn't get a choice in being traded either. JHF does. Looks very unlikely based on what has happened that this turns around so you have a knife fight with Port and get it done.

Yep. But I think they did request norths future second back which pretty much cancels out that third first rounder.

The Richmond deal looks just as bad though.

Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie and CCJ (as well as keeping this years pick 19 which they ponied up for CCJ).

Lot of water to go under the bridge but that’s a big haul for one player who has always had rumours around him that he wants to stay in SA.

I’m not sure the Crows would give up Rachelle for JHF now, let alone another couple of first rounders as well.

North must move heaven and earth to ensure he stays.

It's a shame

Weren't all your supporters trying to turn 2 firsts into Tarranto and hopper? Yeah okay mate. Having said that, if North can convince DBJ to come, they can have him.
JHF is a special player , better than most number one picks.
I think North will want future first round picks due to that being a superior draft.

Has to be a young gun like Duursma, Butters or Rozee then imo.

Rozee was AA this season. Currently worth more on an open market than JH-F.

Only young player from Port I could see being part of this trade is Bergman whom apparently wants to return to Melbourne.

Rozee is the next home grown and developed champion for Port Adelaide, they would tear Alberton apart if they traded him for anyone else in this league, I dare say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Number 1 pick who wants to go home after only one year is an absolute flog who will have a dart on his back for the rest of his career, just ask Nathan Buckley.

It's got nothing to do with the SA factor.
You sound salty because you were 100% wrong. Go read back through some of your posts in this thread.

Georgiades and pick 8 to west coast, pick 2 to north, jhf to port reckon that’s a fair trade north get 1 and 2 in this years draft a wardlaw and Cameron gotta be happy with that

You sound salty because you were 100% wrong. Go read back through some of your posts in this thread.
Agree, I've been watching his posts from the start. This was always going to happen, just surprised this year.
Jhf family have been pulling strings all year, dont know why the crows ever thought he was going there.

Georgiades and pick 8 to west coast, pick 2 to north, jhf to port reckon that’s a fair trade north get 1 and 2 in this years draft a wardlaw and Cameron gotta be happy with that
You opposition supporters just can’t get it through your heads aye, Georgiades is not going anywhere.

In any case why would we trade one of best up and coming players to upgrade 6 positions.

Port, Mitch’s manager, Mitch himself all have said numerous times he is happy and will be at port in 2023

Pick 8, next years first and Bergman would be enough. North hold the cards here

They will be asking for Butters, Rozee, Gorgiades but will not get them
Way too much imo

Pick 8 and Bergman for JHF is more than enough. Bergman could literally be anything, has all the qualities of an elite player

Gives port room to get Pickett next year as well.

Way too much imo

Pick 8 and Bergman for JHF is more than enough. Bergman could literally be anything, has all the qualities of an elite player

Gives port room to get Pickett next year as well.

You are not getting him that cheap. Be prepared because North can ask for whatever they like and if you want him you pay it. You have no power here, here no power

You are not getting him that cheap. Be prepared because North can ask for whatever they like and if you want him you pay it. You have no power here, here no power
How is that cheap? Obviously haven’t seen Bergman play that much.

North can ask for whatever they like, come deadline day when they have a choice keep a player who doesn’t wanna be there will sook for 12 months or x2 first rounders, we will see how much power they have.

I kinda hope they do hold on to his contract coz next year they will only get 1 first rounder, and who knows port maybe shit and a bottom 4 club next year, walk him to the PSD and get him for free like north did to us with Ben jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back