List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

You haven't read or heard about the things he said on the field about Essendon?

The guy is a flog.

According to a workmate, at a suburban game he was at only weeks ago he called his teammates a "bunch of *******s".

The bloke is a moron. Couldn't believe that we actually made an offer when he seems like the polar opposite of the blokes we have at the club

Holy smokes, we must have the most deficient talent evaluators at HFC known in the universe.
Fancy giving up on a bloke nearly as good as all time great hawk players?
Think it must be time to go follow the kangas...:confused:
Go watch the Sydney game he won for us from 2013. Elite marking, tackling, kicking, nerves of steel, hard attack on the ball, pace, football smarts. Looks like a young hodge.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Go watch the Sydney game he won for us from 2013. Elite marking, tackling, kicking, nerves of steel, hard attack on the ball, pace, football smarts. Looks like a young hodge.

wasnt he the sub? did some nice things, but i wouldnt say he "won us the game"

Lol he played 20 minutes of football when the game was already dead, yes he took a great make and layed pressure but he had zero effect on the game.

Of course I have. I'm just a little perplexed at the idea that in all of this he's somehow disrespected the Hawthorn Football Club. That's what I was replying too. The amount of pot shots and hissy fits posters have directed towards him just because he didn't choose us is baffling to say the least. So what, move on.

I don't see Carlisle rejecting Hawthorn, he has been offered a terrific deal at the Saints which suits him, so of course he will want to try and execute that deal. Guys like Lake who took a pay cut to come to us are rare. Carlisle is just trying to get the best deal for himself.

Have been trying to work out why we would trade out a player with such obvious talents.

Taken a while but here goes...

I think anderson does not have the aerobic endurance to be a midfielder.

So what is he? A small forward.

Is he better than rioli, bruest or poppy?

Not at the moment.
It's one thing we have an abundance of.

So we trade him knowing he may well be a good player but we dont NEED him.

With rotation caps coming in we need young midfielders with elite endurance.

Have been trying to work out why we would trade out a player with such obvious talents.

Its not because of football ability in any way, its because he told the club he wants to be elsewhere.

He would still be on the list and likely playing seniors next year if healthy it not for the request and receiving fair compensation.

Its not because of football ability in any way, its because he told the club he wants to be elsewhere.

He would still be on the list and likely playing seniors next year if healthy it not for the request and receiving fair compensation.
I agree. But we wouldnt willingly trade a player that we NEED we'd talk him round.

I think anderson is better off at another club so he can play seniors and test himself. Thats evey players goal. Unless we had injuries i dont think he would get consistent senior games in the next 3 years ahead of our current best 22.

It reminds me of kennedy.
Did we need another strong inside mid to win 3 in a row when we had lewis, mitchell, hodge and sewell?
Kennedy is a champ but did we NEED him. No.

Think it was Dasher last year who let us know that Jed had 3-4 hamstring tears last year at BHH that kept him out of the senior side.

Back related issues lead to Hammys. Reason why we didn't fight harder to keep him

Want to see him succeed so get no joy from his injuries.

Think it was Dasher last year who let us know that Jed had 3-4 hamstring tears last year at BHH that kept him out of the senior side.

Back related issues lead to Hammys. Reason why we didn't fight harder to keep him

Want to see him succeed so get no joy from his injuries.
Feel sorry for the poor bastard. Hope he can get a run of games later in the year. Good luck to Jed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is that supposed to mean? :confused:

He had a contract in front of him from Hawthorn and decided he was better than that, at a time when we were not convinced on his body. He could have stuck with us like Whitey did, but chose to flee for more money. It certainly wasn't more opportunity because he was in the ring seat to get those with us.

Sorry he is injured but don't feel a lot for him having walked out on us. Nor did I feel for Buddy when he went into meltdown last year. Ellis on the other hand I think handled things far better.

He had a contract in front of him from Hawthorn and decided he was better than that, at a time when we were not convinced on his body. He could have stuck with us like Whitey did, but chose to flee for more money. It certainly wasn't more opportunity because he was in the ring seat to get those with us.

Sorry he is injured but don't feel a lot for him having walked out on us. Nor did I feel for Buddy when he went into meltdown last year. Ellis on the other hand I think handled things far better.

OK. I realise all that. Your comment seemed to imply a link between him going to North and getting injured which I could not see.

OK. I realise all that. Your comment seemed to imply a link between him going to North and getting injured which I could not see.

I was of the view that we invested a lot of time with him with his young family, injuries, pneumonia-gate, etc. I felt he owed us a bit more back.

I was of the view that we invested a lot of time with him with his young family, injuries, pneumonia-gate, etc. I felt he owed us a bit more back.
Maybe, but it isn't like he walked out - we got Pick 15 for him. On shown form that is waaayyyy overs. Had we been offered Pick 26 we may well have said 'no' & kept him.

He asked to look around. Someone offered us currency that we thought was better spent elsewhere. We did the deal & wished him the best.

I don't hold any more against him for leaving than I do for us letting him go. IMO, we won!

So kind of karma? I thought it was a bit odd that he cited his reason for wanting to leave as wanting more senior game time when the main reason he didn't get senior game time was because he had a lot of injuries (or equivalent, i.e. interrupted pre-season due to the pneumonia etc.). Not really his fault just the reality of the situation. I don't really feel he owed us, I see it more us as cutting our losses.

Muscular imbalances are probably one of the major factors in hamstring injuries. If it is a back problem then they better sort it out quick.

IIRC Cyril's hammies were due to his weak calves and glutes and he did a huge amount of work on that to bring it up to shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back