List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's think hard about this.
Been in our list 3 years and hasn't broken into our best 22.
Had a injury prone year in 2014 we held onto him and help with his recovery.
We've won 3 flags without any of his so called great footy abilities and have moved guys like Langers and Billy ahead of him.
Let's not get too carried away about what potential he may have when he's had long enough to show it and why should Hawthorn, a history making 3-peat club force a player to stay with them when there's a entire AFL list who would do anything to join a history making 3-peat club..

Pick 15 and 18 is a great result by the club. Will be our highest draft pick since Rioli in 2007! (or Schoenmakers if they get pushed back)

In recent years with similar picks we have got Billy Hartung (pick 24), Brad Hill (pick 33), Isaac Smith (pick 19), Schoenmakers (pick 16) and Rioli (pick 12). Hawks should definitely be able to pick up a few guns. Always good to go back to the draft every now and again and refresh the younger end of the list.

Blows your mind how most of these guys were still available as 2nd rounders.

Must have been pretty solid drafts.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is it my imagination or is there a picture in the HS today showing Carlisle with his own name tattooed on his back? Sums him up nicely.

Re Jed, 15 is a steal but don't tell anyone.
Its so he doesnt forget it......he's just got to remember where it is.

We turned a kid who walked from the GWS junior ranks back to the NT into a first round pick.

And I'm not sure he'll ever be what we thought he might've.

Good work, HFC.

Blows your mind how most of these guys were still available as 2nd rounders.

Must have been pretty solid drafts.

Hill was definitely a steal. a guy with endurance and speed like his should have gone earlier.

Smith is the one that sticks out though. For an almost unknown, mature player to go at 19 is pretty ballsey from the recruiters, but alas it has paid off big time

Club wouldn't have moved him if they didn't think it was worth it. He gets his fresh start, we get a potential issue off the list and either a second first round selection or leverage for another target.
It's a win-win deal

Club wouldn't have moved him if they didn't think it was worth it. He gets his fresh start, we get a potential issue off the list and either a second first round selection or leverage for another target.
It's a win-win deal

We won't be able to Judge this deal for about 5 years.

We won't be able to Judge this deal for about 5 years.
And maybe not even then, Jed at North could be really good for them and not have made it at the Hawks anyway
Different lists, game plans etc
If we turn pick 15 into a player who plays in a flag next year we can say its a big win though

So we were happy to trade out Anderson because he was not keen to stay at Hawthorn only to potentially trade in Carlisle who would also rather be somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think getting pick 15 is quite good for Jed. Sad to see him go but it was his choice so what can you do? No point in hanging on to someone who doesn't want to be with us. I think he was committed though, I always saw him at the Box Hill games supporting his team mates when he was out injured. I'm thinking with his young family he had to be a bit more hard nosed about getting senior games than some other youngsters that could go with the flow a bit more for a couple more years. Be good to have such a high pick for once, although knowing us we will probably trade it!

ill miss Jed and wont be surprised if he becomes another Josh Kennedy(quality AFL Talent), but in this current trading/free agency climate you cant hold onto disgruntled talent, you have to move on.....so i hope we make the most of pick 15, hopefully a Fyfe type from the country who only knows hard work and footy

Slightly off on a tangent, but that 2007 draft sure was weird - Adelaide got Dangerfield at 10 (nice work), Andy Otten at 27, Jarrhan Jacky at 30 (lol who wut?), Myke Cook at 38 (he ain't no Mike Pyke), Tony Armstrong at 58, Arron Kite at 71, and just when they'd filled their list with utter p00p, Taylor Walker at 75. Two out-and-out stars making a delicious sh1t sandwich. Just shows how hard it is for anyone to pick these drafts.

It was also the year of the Kreuzer cup, who knew they were tanking that hard for a guy who would end up barely playing.

All, up the 11 guys ahead of Rioli were a pretty good set, but naturally some of them now look like very silly selections. Happens every year. It's also why I agree with the people who argue that beyond the top 30 or so picks, it's a lottery anyway. I suspect that's why we traded one pick up and one pick down when we gave Jed to North. Just doesn't make any real difference.

Kinda concerned we part with both 38 and 40. We still need a couple of live picks, as we are still 3 short of a full main list:

Main List: +Kiwi, -Anderson, -Lake, -Hale, -Suckling -Woodward

Rookie List: -Kiwi, -Grimley, -Hardy

Added Woodward to the outs.

So at this stage...

OUTS
Lake
Hale
Suckling
Anderson
Woodward

INS
Kiwi
Perhaps Fitzpatrick as DFA?
3 live picks.

Saints being completely ridiculous with their offer for Carlisle.....they want the big man as well as Essendons 2x second round picks (currently 23 and 25). Essendon will get picks 5 and 61 in return.

Needless to say, Essendon has rejected the offer. So Hawks still in the running.

As reported by E.Quail and J.Niall on the AGE website.

Last edited:
I think we all had great hopes for Jed, including the coaches. More romance than reality. It was never meant to be.

I hope we somehow get Daniel Rioli.

I always wished we had two Cyril's. I'm happy with flawless and perfect Cyril and one that is not quite right.

Why is everyone here ignoring the fact that we also gave up 2 2nd round picks in this trade?

Not saying it's bad, but Hawks hardly smashed it here. It's the same as the last few years, Hawks have been very fair/generous with their trading.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jed Anderson gone to North for Pick15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back