AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Does anybody care who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge call. I'm backing them for top 4.
I have huge respect for them and think they are one of ten sides who could be top4. I just don't see much improvement in them. They've lost Mackie &Lonegan from their backline, Henderson has been injured all pre season so on paper we have a better backline. Lost Motlop and Lang too. Only newbie is a 34yo who keeps breaking down. If they have a long term injury to Selwood or Danger they could be in trouble.
Still wouldn't be surprised if they beat us inJLT2 then I will be saying it's only pre-season and I don't care.

Can i just say, i'm that disappointed with the response to that loss, and the lead up to this game. The boys are off gallivanting around the country on holidays. They should be disgusted with themselves & pushing hard on the track. Heppell is walking hand in hand in Byron Bay FFS. I know i'll probably hear "calm down, it's only a practice match", but it's about driving standards and expectations. Reward for effort. Punishment for lack of. It seemed like the boys were shining their 9 irons & packing their sunblock for the post saturday festivities.
Lol only people that give a shit are a % of supporters. Players couldnt care less about being belted in a practice game, nor should they.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

I have huge respect for them and think they are one of ten sides who could be top4. I just don't see much improvement in them. They've lost Mackie &Lonegan from their backline, Henderson has been injured all pre season so on paper we have a better backline. Lost Motlop and Lang too. Only newbie is a 34yo who keeps breaking down. If they have a long term injury to Selwood or Danger they could be in trouble.
Still wouldn't be surprised if they beat us inJLT2 then I will be saying it's only pre-season and I don't care.
I'd expect to see plenty of improvement from players like Guthrie and Menegola while the focus is on stopping the three vets. Their backline is seriously depleted though. If we can get our hands on a decent share of the ball we have the running power and forwards to rip the Cats apart.

Informed the gastro was real and intense! (Inside)
Happy to hear that.
I was wondering.
So show up boys.

They need to cut the rockmelon from the player's buffet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hazard a guess we'll be putting out a pretty strong side, but I'm not sure if he's still with us this year yet.
I have a few good school mates that play at south Bendigo, last time I spoke with them (couple of weeks ago) they were pretty sure he's playing for us again. They don't expect him to play a lot tho

I have a few good school mates that play at south Bendigo, last time I spoke with them (couple of weeks ago) they were pretty sure he's playing for us again. They don't expect him to play a lot tho
You never really know until the official list comes out or Paul Amy announces it.

Hope we go into this close to full strength - not sure we will see Bellcho or Stewart, but would love to see a line up something like;-

Ambrose Hurley Saad
Gleeson Hartley McKenna
Zakka Myers Parish
Tippa Daniher Smith
Stringer Hooker Fantasia

Luey Heppell Z.Merrett

Bench from:
Goddard McGrath Langford Dea
Begley Baguley Houlahan McKernan

After attending the Wang JLT game, I would say to anyone thinking of attending, don’t! I will never attend another AFL game played in a regional setting. Sounds great to see your favourite side at a local setting, but when you attend it’s terrible. Regional grounds are set up to handle 5 k max ( if that). When at Wang you get 11 k, it was a hopeless. I left at half time. The grounds just can’t handle the crowds. Terrible facilities, seating, everything. Add on hot weather, yuck. Don’t know the Colac ground but can’t see it being much different to Wang.
Really disappointed with our last effort. Hopefully we show a bit more effort. One thing that stood out out a Wang was the lack of talk from the players. Could’nt hear a sound from the players, and the crowd was silent. Just no life in the group.

After attending the Wang JLT game, I would say to anyone thinking of attending, don’t! I will never attend another AFL game played in a regional setting. Sounds great to see your favourite side at a local setting, but when you attend it’s terrible. Regional grounds are set up to handle 5 k max ( if that). When at Wang you get 11 k, it was a hopeless. I left at half time. The grounds just can’t handle the crowds. Terrible facilities, seating, everything. Add on hot weather, yuck. Don’t know the Colac ground but can’t see it being much different to Wang.
Really disappointed with our last effort. Hopefully we show a bit more effort. One thing that stood out out a Wang was the lack of talk from the players. Could’nt hear a sound from the players, and the crowd was silent. Just no life in the group.

And I am the opposite. Loved the atmosphere. Get there early and be willing to stand and you will have a good time.

Obviously you bring a bucket so there's no need to queue for the toilet! Amateurs.

Do you sit on a chair behind glass in the premiership club at the G every week?

Wang was awesome, no different to Windy Hill or Vic Park in the 80's!

what do you expect from the Country? why did you bother going to a country game in the first place?. i would have gone if i had a Car License to get there. but atleast i watched the game on the AFL APP.

Sounds like the glory days of suburban grounds, how lucky we are to go to Etihad and the G. In saying that I like the local grounds because they are smaller and the crowd is usually smaller although not much beats being at the G with 90k on ANZAC day as Essendon nail the Pies.

Disappointed to read that last line, become I would have hoped the group or at least the leaders would be given one another pointers and its surprising because the group come across as being quite chatty.

Last edited:
what do you expect from the Country? why did you bother going to a country game in the first place?. i would have gone if i had a Car License to get there. but atleast i watched the game on the AFL APP.
I live in the country. Wang is 30 mins away. I watch country football weekly at grounds worse than Wangaratta. My point was the ground can’t handle the crowd size so that you can watch the game comfortably. I love country football and rivalry between towns. The grounds are great for small crowds, just can’t handle 11 k.

personally i wanna see this Sam Draper play more than Luey or TBC , an get Brandon Zerk Thatcher out an Elfi. play the younger ones that Essendon got in the Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Back