AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Does anybody care who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In your opinion. I disagree, but that's not the point I was arguing. He played 3 senior games in a year where we had a dozen players out with suspension and I think this will be his 3rd senior practice match ever if he plays. How is that "never being short of opportunities" in any sense of the imagination?

I'm telling you he ain't gonna make it.

But more to the point.

Can you see that; if Long is a sub-standard player, him getting games at all is never being short of opportunities? Pretty simple concept.

I'm telling you he ain't gonna make it.

But more to the point.

Can you see that; if Long is a sub-standard player, him getting games at all is never being short of opportunities? Pretty simple concept.
And I still disagree with that.

Also it's a pre-season game. IF he doesn't make it, I don't think people will look back and say that "he had way too many opportunities" when they see three senior games whilst on the rookie list.

Jackie's training report from Blitz

Training at Tullamarine on both days - Thu particularly hot.

The main focus of my interest has been on the atmosphere following the disgraceful performance at ■■■■.

The availability of players has been pretty much in line with Crow’s medical report on the club website although I note that Fantasia has now gone for an operation.

I’ve been told that much of the poor performance against Richmond was as a result of players not being fully recovered from gastro. I don’t see this as a full explanation and would question why some of the fitter younger players were not selected ahead of those affected if this was the case but the gastro was certainly a factor.

If I had to make a guess I would imagine the coach has had plenty to say about their performance and apparently the practice session on Saturday was extremely vigorous. I would think also that there has been some frank criticism of each other by the players themselves.

With Zac Merret injured and out of the game I found it strange that two key members of the leadership group were off after half time when leadership was needed but I guess that’s not their decision.

Training on Tuesday was competent without being spectacular but Thursday’s training went up a notch and I got the impression that the players were getting some of their mojo back. I’m not surprised at this because training has been quite impressive up until the Richmond game as you will have read.

I don’t want to comment on individual players but I suggest that supportive comments towards Aaron Francis might be helpful in the overall scheme of things.

My expectation, unsurprisingly, is for a much better showing against Geelong

giphy.gif
I was right :(

Can't believe people are complaining about the make up of a side playing a practice game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackie's training report from Blitz

No offence to the guy but so many words and so little said.

“Getting their mojo back”??!! I mean it’s well known that all teams have placed more importance on raising mojo this season.

No offence to the guy but so many words and so little said.

“Getting their mojo back”??!! I mean it’s well known that all teams have placed more importance on raising mojo this season.
To be fair to Grant, he is actually a pretty insightful footy watcher who spends a lot of time at training. It is not like him to use cliches but at the end of the day it is a figure of speech.

To be fair to Grant, he is actually a pretty insightful footy watcher who spends a lot of time at training. It is not like him to use cliches but at the end of the day it is a figure of speech.

“Disgraceful performance” ...give me a break. Should have stopped reading there and then

Then this nothing...cliche-a-rama

Training on Tuesday was competent without being spectacular but Thursday’s training went up a notch and I got the impression that the players were getting some of their mojo back. I’m not surprised at this because training has been quite impressive up until the Richmond game as you will have read.

Disgraceful

“Disgraceful performance” ...give me a break. Should have stopped reading there and then

Disgraceful
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disgraceful

Looks like he's warming up for job in meeja.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast JLT2: Geelong vs Essendon, Central Reserve, Sunday 11/03/18 @ 1:05 PM

Back