News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but youse are old kents. ;)

Now whilst that's true, don't forget that it's old kents like us, that ultimately will be making the decision on his future in the Board Room.

Only thing the Boomers wouldn’t understand is why are we even talking about getting rid of one of our best players? It would be the modern generation that would be struggling the most. What is right? What is wrong? How will it look? Will it be fair? What sort of message will it send? Those poor buggers have so much to work through over such simple things.

Just to clarify there’s a difference between the OKBoomers and a baby boomer

He's back training and posting cryptic sh*t

View attachment 1131892

Needs to paint his fingernails black and listen to some Panic at the Disco.

Seriously mate, you ****ed up and have no one to blame but yourself. Pull your head in and focus on your career, not feeling sorry for yourself.

Needs to paint his fingernails black and listen to some Panic at the Disco.

Seriously mate, you f’ed up and have no one to blame but yourself. Pull your head in and focus on your career, not feeling sorry for yourself.
Suspect he's probably depressed, best thing to do is get him back here and re-integrate him into the team.

Any truth the club is in talks with the AFL in getting Willie back to the club earlier than the 20th, could be why there’s been a delay on them making a decision. Probably BS just something I heard today.

Any truth the club is in talks with the AFL in getting Willie back to the club earlier than the 20th, could be why there’s been a delay on them making a decision. Probably BS just something I heard today.
Would be great if he can, so blatantly obvious he needs to get back into the team environment.

That would be good. Get him back in to the fold. He has been too isolated needs to get back.

The West Sports Editor Nick Rynne - who is on Hard Ball Gets Podcast - they almost joke about coming up with headlines from crap and clickbait. No surprise that he comes across as a right knob and not worth listening to
My mate used to be a journo. Said that the editor at the West was brought in to turn it into a rag, which he has done (and has been very successful with certain demographics). The editors control things like headlines, this sounds like two journos having a go at part of the job they don't respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a doping code rule that prevents him returning to the club any earlier than June 20 so I doubt the AFL can do much about that even if they wanted to

That said, however, it could be that we are negotiating with the AFL over one or both of the following:
1) Some sort of dispensation under the football department soft cap to allow for costs associated with looking after Rioli’s welfare to be excluded. Simpson has alluded to welfare costs in one of his press conferences
2) An exemption that allows someone employed by the club to help Rioli settle into Perth prior to him being able to physically return to the club on the 20th

It’s a doping code rule that prevents him returning to the club any earlier than June 20 so I doubt the AFL can do much about that even if they wanted to

That said, however, it could be that we are negotiating with the AFL over one or both of the following:
1) Some sort of dispensation under the football department soft cap to allow for costs associated with looking after Rioli’s welfare to be excluded. Simpson has alluded to welfare costs in one of his press conferences
2) An exemption that allows someone employed by the club to help Rioli settle into Perth prior to him being able to physically return to the club on the 20th

They're still trying to get him into Perth before June 20, just as they were doing before he got pinged. I don't think they'll be able to welcome him into the fold or contact him about club business but they want him here to acclimatize, and now it's prudent to get him here and away from possible bad influences.

I'd hope that obtaining dispensation/an exemption from the AFL on the basis that it will reduce the chance of Willie doing stupid shit would be a relatively easy sell.

*Club complains about ASADA and the AFL taking so long to make a decision which puts Willie’s life in limbo*

*Club then stretches out making a decision which puts Willie’s life in limbo*

Awesome stuff, WC.

Whilst they’re not disclosing their intentions publicly they’d better be keeping Rioli in the loop so he knows where he stands

I think it’s reasonably fair to assume that if they were sacking him they’d have done so and hopefully they’re now just working through the conditions/logistics of his his return

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back