List Mgmt. Joe Richards requests trade to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be a 3rd rounder or a 2nd round downgrade at worst. If we give a 2nd for this guy I'd be pissed. Don't really get this acquisition or contract. Evans will be delisted and McEntee relegated to SANFL, but even then Richards should still be outside our best 22.

FF: Marshall, Georgiades, Rioli
HF: SPP, Lukosius, Rozee

Should be the forward 6. DBJ on bench. Richards comes in as emergency.

I don't understand 3 year contracts for players like that.

Last edited:

Gotta be a 3rd rounder or a 2nd round downgrade at worst. If we give a 2nd for this guy I'd be pissed. Don't really get this acquisition or contract. Evans will be delisted and McEntee relegated to SANFL, but even then Richards should still be outside our best 22.

Rozee had a poor year but they aren't going to move him permanently out of the midfield yet. He was a back to back All-Australian mid prior to this year. Richards will then take his spot on the half-forward line.

This guy has only played 9 games and kicked 6 goals. Not a first 23 player. I'd be very disappointed if we overpay for him.

Multiple games as sub
Correct. Also worth noting he debuted and played 3 very good games in a row where he was in our best half a dozen players , finding the footy , using it very well and tackling hard . He then got injured and I suspect was hampered for the rest of the year and didn't get a proper run at it. One of those 9 games he was sub and never even got on the field so he really only played 8.

Not saying he's a champion but I suspect if he gets a clean run at it he'll definitely be in your best 23 next year (as I thought he would be in ours)

Remind me, what did we get for Aaron Young again. And he had a near 40 goal season before being traded.

Remind me, what did we get for Aaron Young again. And he had a near 40 goal season before being traded.

A future 4th rounder I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you've included one likely medical retirement and a midfielder in that forward line, so that'd be why.

From the prelim team: Luko for Dixon, Lord for Rat, Richards for Evans, SPP for Narkle. You could even fit in Garcia for Mead.

Last edited:
Rozee had a poor year but they aren't going to move him permanently out of the midfield yet. He was a back to back All-Australian mid prior to this year. Richards will then take his spot on the half-forward line.
Rozee wasn't poor, he just performed below the previous couple of years in performance. Sure he missed AA selection but still finished 4th in the B&F after being out injured for 4 games and playing through injury for several others (some of which he shouldn't have played at all in). Any club in the land would kill to have him in the midfield. I'm confident that he'll be back to his best given a decent run with injury and after having a year to adapt to being the skipper.

I like him. He broke his foot and was rushed back because Collingwood had injuries. He played 1 minute one game and missed a few weeks with illness.

He played quite high and works hard to good spots. He's best 22 for port and allows us to delist an Evans or narkle. (Preferably mcentee)

Collingwood will try and link him with Houston. He shouldn't be worth much in terms of a trade

I’d describe him as someone who’s a good decision maker, two sided with neat and tidy skills. I don’t think he’ll play the deep small forward role, he’ll be the high half forward, helping transition the ball from defence to attack. If you think Gruen Miers, that’s the sort of role.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Joe Richards requests trade to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back