List Mgmt. Joe Richards requests trade to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Broken down you are getting 13 and Lukosius for Houston and effectively getting Richards for a F2.
Yep. I think the Houston trade gets done for a first and whatever will be required to trade for lukosious. l personally would like a bit more than the 23 from Gold Coast because they will want our future first instead. But I don’t think Richards is worth a future 2 though.

He might not have played many games at the pies but he would’ve played a full season with us, we had mcentee, Evans and Narkle in our forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

An upgrade to what we have but not a massive fan of mature agers. Tend to jump out and get a bit more notoriety because they're new whilst being compared to kids many years younger than them.

Averages:

12 touches. Tick over half a goal a game. Tick under 3 tackles.

Yeah but sub this and sub that. Must be reasons why he was a sub for a team that didn't make finals.

Should be a future third rounder.

Broken down you are getting 13 and Lukosius for Houston and effectively getting Richards for a F2.
Richards for an F2 is an atrocious trade.

Joe Richards is going to become one of your favourite players. You'll get him for unders and be blown away by how good he is. Don't let the stats fool you (was the sub in two games). Doesn't fumble, composure of a 150 gamer, elite skills on both sides of the body, crafty finisher and accumulates really well for a small forward. He's closer to Willie Rioli in quality than you realise.

He'll immediately be your second best small forward with room to become the best. I'm more frustrated about losing Richards than I was Ginnivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we already have a number of small forwards that don’t score goals…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Any upgrade on Evans, Narkle and McEntee is something, but if SPP returns well from injury and Barrett can hit the ground running as a lot of first year small forwards do, than Richards will be fighting again to make our 22, and is probably back to being sub. We still need the depth - no question - but I can’t see us selecting him in front of Rioli, SPP, DBJ and hopefully Barrett.

Joe Richards is going to become one of your favourite players. You'll get him for unders and be blown away by how good he is. Don't let the stats fool you (was the sub in two games). Doesn't fumble, composure of a 150 gamer, elite skills on both sides of the body, crafty finisher and accumulates really well for a small forward. He's closer to Willie Rioli in quality than you realise.

He'll immediately be your second best small forward with room to become the best. I'm more frustrated about losing Richards than I was Ginnivan
He is so good that you played him as sub twice? Out of contract and was offered a terrible deal. Only an extra year added late when the option of him leaving for Port became real. Just stop lol.
With SPP back next year, there is a high chance he doesn’t even make our best 23. If you had to pick a team on paper right now, he would probably make it in as the sub.

Thanks Mrs Richards, appreciate this information.

In all seriousness obviously he isn't worth anywhere near a 2nd rounder but there are always decent players without name recognition at clubs, overlooked for reasons that aren't obvious. It bodes well that Collingwood fans are disappointed in this.

If you look at Port for example on paper you would expect McEntee to be very good given the amount of games he gets in a top 4 side, and Lorenz to be steak knives. Yet those that have watched both play in detail might say the opposite.

Comparable trades from the last 3 periods

Jeremy Finlayson - Future 3rd
Patrick Lapinski - 43
Ben Long +F4 - 32
Toby Bedford - 44
Billy Frampton - F3
Tyler Brockman - 44+63
Jordan Sweet - Pick 50

He is so good that you played him as sub twice? Out of contract and was offered a terrible deal. Only an extra year added late when the option of him leaving for Port became real. Just stop lol.
With SPP back next year, there is a high chance he doesn’t even make our best 23. If you had to pick a team on paper right now, he would probably make it in as the sub.
Exactly how many matches in his 2 years (9 senior and 20 odd VFL) have you seen him play mate?
Also, if he is such a dud as many Port BF people say - then why are Port after him and offering a 3 year deal to only play in the SANFL?
Matt Owies kick 33 goals for the Blues and is gettable for zilch!! - yet you still want Richards. Strange!!
You have idea how good or otherwise he is - so just stop lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Joe Richards requests trade to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back