Jon Ralph - Brent Stanton and Daniel Wells are 'elite'

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what he has written, in two seperate articles in the HUN in the past couple of days ...

It's Jon Ralph. He also classed Daniel Connors in "B-Grade/Potential B-Grade".

That is, with the likes of Jackson, Foley, Tambling, Salopek, Gray, PBurgoyne, Ebert, Hansen etc.

Ralph also stated in the body of the article that he's "shown plenty" ... for Coburg maybe.

With all due respect to Dan Connors, and I really hope he one day he becomes a regular senior player, he's done absolutely nothing at AFL level to be mentioned anywhere near the same breath as any of those blokes.

Blokes like Robin Nahas, Andrew Collins, Angus Graham, Luke McGuane and Mitch Morton have all shown far more than Dan Connors this year alone, but somehow didn't even rate a mention on his list. Nahas and Collins didn't even get a mention in the body of the article.

Does he actually watch Richmond games before writing this drivel?

Reimers has the makings of a star. Little terd that he is. :mad:

I wouldn't be confident of Zaharakis being an A-Grade star though.

Probably a 200+ game excellent contributor, but I don't think he has the potential to be a gamebreaking elite player.

Probably a 200+ game excellent contributor, but I don't think he has the potential to be a gamebreaking elite player.

Have to agree with this. I can't see Zaka being an amazing player, will be a solid week in and week out contributor.

Reimers has the makings of the next Akermanis - they are uncannily similar in their play styles.

You might be right TBD and it's good to get the perspective of other supporters who don't automatically dismiss players just because they play for a club they hate.

With Zaharakis i think he may end up being a damaging goal kicking midfielder. He has already shown that he is a great overhead mark for his size and that he has a knack of finding the big sticks. His lack of a left side is the one concern imo but if he is good enough, which i suspect he will be, he will be able to work around that.

maybe the victorian media is starting a slowly, slowly campaign to stooge the gold coast out of their many high picks at the trade table. for example, a headline in a trade period of the near future:

"GC17 to give up 4 picks for elite pair stanton and wells"

it's in the victorian media's interests to keep the GC17 middle-of-the-road and always a "mistake" and "scandal" it can hold the AFL too...(opinion).

i'd look at it this way, 200 games, injuries and suspensions factored in, is 8 years at a successful club, 9 years at a club that has varying results and 10 years at a consistent non-finalist.

given 27/28 is fast becoming chopping-block age for non-stars, any player from now on that plays 250 games is either incredibly lucky, or a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked for an English language school in Thailand called Elite. The only thing elite about that place was the Friday arvo booze-up!!!

There are a dozen or so elite footballers running around and Stanton & Wells aren't 2 of them.

I hate the word.

At least Wells has talent and can show it in some freakish bursts. Stanton has very little and has ordinary ball use. I can see Liam anthony turning into a stanton type front runner, someone who can find the ball but has ordinary disposal.

Neither are elite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back