Toast Jonathan Brown appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How I will remember him:

brown54xf5.jpg

In celebration of his career, I am going to spend the rest of the day with one arm in the air, pointing at an imaginary crowd.

Already some disgusting comments on the mainboard, by a Collingwood supporter no less, saying us forcing him to retire is confirmation of us tanking.

The supporters of that club really are a stain on society.
Morons, they still cant get over the fact that it didn't matter how much money they threw at him, he couldn't stomach the thought of playing for the filth.

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate Jonathan Brown on a wonderful and successful career that's lasted 15 years. He was one of my favorite Brisbane Lions players and was an integral part of the three Premierships. He's achieved so much during his career and he goes down as one of the best center half forwards of the modern era. Well done to Jonathan Brown on his career and good luck to him in the future. :thumbsu:

Browny did the right thing today. He'll go down as one of the all time greats of the game. And as far as characters go, they don't get any more likeable than Jonathon Brown. Loyal to the end, and courage that was at time ridiculous, and absolute legend. Massive shoes to fill.

Well... that's all she wrote folks. The last of our champions from our three-peat. Wouldn't change anything for what we did there. Thanks for everything Browny - from the huge roll you played in the premierships to the hope and excitement you gave after it.

One of the all time greats, sad to see him go as he was a great footballer to watch. One of the most courageous players ever, goes out a triple premiership champ.. can't be to disappointed with that. Hall of Fame awaits him. Good luck with the future Brisbane fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad, sad day. What an absolute champion. You will be sorely missed but never forgotten. Hope he stays on in some capacity at the club in the future.

Hats off to the big man. Funny how when a champion like Browny hands in his guernsey you feel the game won't be the same. Yet a year later they are commenting on a footy show and new stars are coming along. He was a fearsome opponent and I feel a selfish relief that we won't ever be taken apart by him again. But I will miss watching him against other teams. Best of luck big fella!

Congratultions Jonathan on a wonderful career, well done, good luck for the future whatever you choose to do.

Today is also the one year anniversary of the Miracle on Grass - I think as fitting a day as ever for him to retire.

Just went outside with my co-workers and had a kick of the footy for him.
Welcome back Kezz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jonathan Brown appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back