Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we could go, Pick 4 to Sydney for Dawson and pick 12?

That basically values Jordan Dawson around pick 25.
Then giving 23 is better as Sydney get supposedly "better value" and we keep pick 4.

Every one can forget about pick 4 it'll only be used to move up the draft or select a player in the draft

If that was the case, then just offer pick 23.

Let’s remember, we are the buyer, not the seller. Pick 23 may work for us, but it doesn’t always work for Sydney.

They may have far less interest in pick 23.

Pick 12 also allows us to grab Matthew Roberts or Arlo Draper and retain pick 23.

basically pick 4 for Dawson and Roberts with 23 on Draper.

Then giving 23 is better as Sydney get supposedly "better value" and we keep pick 4.

Every one can forget about pick 4 it'll only be used to move up the draft or select a player in the draft
There no stand out at pick 4, and it seems unlikely we'll move up.

I think we should offer 23, 38 and Kelly compo to WB for pick 15, and draft at 12 and 15.

You can throw a blanket over them, so I think that's the best value and minimises risk?

They could refuse to take an offer and push him into the PSD, just like we could.

Would be a bit self-destructive, but it's there.

Thats why we could look at a win/win for both clubs, instead of being obstinate.

we are not getting JHF, but we could slide down to Draper and Roberts with pick 12, and then trade pick 4 to them.

Ultimately it’s a win/win

Do the Swans even have a say in this deal?
Realistically, the swans are in a bit of strife here. They can’t match the salary on offer due to cap problems, the player wants to go home to SA (making him unattractive to other clubs) and his preferred club in SA has pick 4 in the pre-season draft.

That said, we have a history of being reasonable at the trade table. In my view he’s worth something in the 10-20 range. We can get a deal done for sure.

Let’s remember, we are the buyer, not the seller. Pick 23 may work for us, but it doesn’t always work for Sydney.

They may have far less interest in pick 23.

Pick 12 also allows us to grab Matthew Roberts or Arlo Draper and retain pick 23.

basically pick 4 for Dawson and Roberts with 23 on Draper.
Why does it specifically have to be Roberts or Draper? Because of their postcode?

I'd take Josh Goater and even Campbell Chesser before both of those lads.

Last edited:
There no stand out at pick 4, and it seems unlikely we'll move up.

I think we should offer 23, 38 and Kelly compo to WB for pick 15, and draft at 12 and 15.

You can throw a blanket over them, so I think that's the best value and minimises risk?
Nice thinking but I'm just basically uncomfortable to be a bottom four side who chooses to enter the draft behind 11 other teams(13 actually after fs).
Dawson is a great pick up but his arrival doesn't remove our need to remain at the top of the draft like a bottom side should. 😁

I'm sorry do you think Adelaide were innocent in that whole saga?

We certainly were not, but the Swans effectively conspired with the Tippett camp to capitilise on our situation and were complete dicks about it, not only offering only pick 23, but demanding we take White's salary off their hands at the same time or no deal.

Whilst I don't think we should go in being complete dicks about it, like Sydney, we should not be looking to do them any favours either. Sydney have shown that if the shoe were on the other foot, they'd clearly have no issues taking advantage.

End of the day, Dawson is out of contract and likely we could comfortably structure a contract such that he gets through to us at pick 4 in the PSD. As such, pick 23 + something else is the offer. Pick 4 has no play in this deal, nor does our 2022 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how covid will affect the trade, Dawson wants to come home, surely the vic teams aren’t going to make him come to a lockdown state (I realize this will change but at the time of the trade it will still be the case) against his wishes.
PSD is a genuine option as the swans should realize.
Anything more than 23 would be very disappointing not because he’s not worth it, but because we shouldn’t need to.

Do the Swans even have a say in this deal?
Not much ....the seller of an uncontracted player can't really play hardball, if the buyer has a low PSD pick

Also remembering SYD will have structured their TPP now around Dawson leaving ....they were already tight ...so they have no choice now but to get what they can for Dawson .....not as if they could take him back, no funds in the TPP

Yes they'll talk tough publicly ......but it's simply grandiloquence

I wonder how covid will affect the trade, Dawson wants to come home, surely the vic teams aren’t going to make him come to a lockdown state (I realize this will change but at the time of the trade it will still be the case) against his wishes.
Anything more than 23 would be very disappointing not because he’s not worth it, but because we shouldn’t need to.
Dawsons already in SA ...so no Covid issues

Sorry, what is the point ? ......Dawson is now in the same Covid status as every other Crows player
Yes so how can a Vic team with a PSD pick above us expect him to go to Victoria and live in the current environment?
I’m suggesting picking him up via PSD is a realistic option if the clubs can’t agree.

Spot on. There are no examples of players not getting to their requested state via the PSD are there?

Simply put Dogga doesn’t answer the phone to any other clubs enquires and they won’t pick him

I doubt we use the PSD but it is a very real threat

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes so how can a Vic team with a PSD pick above us expect him to go to Victoria and live in the current environment?
It is, what it is .....any Sth Aust Draftees will have to do the 2 weeks quarrantine, same as any other traveller

Both Vic Clubs in the GF will also have to return to Vic as well .....847 cases today, so not a bad situation as long as you stay under a desk at home .....people have given up here, lockdown no longer works

It is, what it is .....any Sth Aust Draftees will have to do the 2 weeks quarrantine, same as any other traveller

Both Vic Clubs in the GF will also have to return to Vic as well .....847 cases today, so not a bad situation as long as you stay under a desk at home .....people have given up here, lockdown no longer works
You’re completely missing the point. I suggest you go back and reread.

We certainly were not, but the Swans effectively conspired with the Tippett camp to capitilise on our situation and were complete dicks about it, not only offering only pick 23, but demanding we take White's salary off their hands at the same time or no deal.

Whilst I don't think we should go in being complete dicks about it, like Sydney, we should not be looking to do them any favours either. Sydney have shown that if the shoe were on the other foot, they'd clearly have no issues taking advantage.

End of the day, Dawson is out of contract and likely we could comfortably structure a contract such that he gets through to us at pick 4 in the PSD. As such, pick 23 + something else is the offer. Pick 4 has no play in this deal, nor does our 2022 1st rounder.
There was a reason why the AFL gave Tippett 12 weeks ban and why Sydney offer us that insulting trade because they knew the "gentleman's" agreement to trade Tippett for a 2nd rounder so stuff them and karma bish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back