Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so based on $400k, how on goods earth he is worth a first round pick as PAPS think he is based on that salaryof $400k?
Ladhams has been in the AFL system 5 years for a total of 28 games ......some serious over valueing going on here

Back on Dawson .....I'm liking the way the Crows are handling this negotiation thus far ....even Cornsey likes it

There seems to be a notion that because nobody on the Adelaide BigFooty board was talking about Dawson in 2020, that nobody knew who he was. People who watch a lot of footy certainly knew who he was, and knew how elite his kicking was. Just because there wasn’t threads on here about him doesn’t mean anything. This time last year it wasn’t considered a realistic chance that he would leave Sydney, so why bother discussing him? We don’t just have random threads on every good player in the league.

I have watched a lot of the Swans over the last few seasons, and he’s tracked very well since 2019 - just the sort of guy who very rarely plays a bad game, and very rarely makes a bad decision. His kicking is absolutely ridiculous in length and accuracy. Nice size. Nice mark. A lot to like, even prior to 2021.
I searched his name on our board going back to his draft year. Skipped and drugs are bad mackay are two that were keen on him from the start.

"The Crows will pay overs in a trade for Dawson just to spite us"

Not sure how trading for a player that we've been chasing for 12 months and our club is his preferred destination qualifies as "spiting Port".

They really are a special bunch over there.

#portlogic

Last edited:
Ladhams has been in the AFL system 5 years for a total of 28 games ......some serious over valueing going on here

Back on Dawson .....I'm liking the way the Crows are handling this negotiation thus far ....even Cornsey likes it
Matthew Lloyd urging Crows to not pay overs for him as, in his opinion, as good as he is he is not a match-winning player.

Sydney's posturing goes beyond their normal draft behaviour.
I think its more to do with being pissed at Dawson changing his mind or feeling they have been played.

Unfortunately when you're angry you can compound a problem and cut your nose off to spite your face and this looks to be the case.

Rejecting 17 has them backed into a corner.
Reid has the option to add a token element to the deal to get Dawson and Sydney save face or go FU and PSD it is.
If the PSD doesn't work for whatever reason he will be crucified.
Doughty position in this is going to be interesting and show how professional and competent he is.

Logic says pay the dollars it takes for PSD and save the draft picks.

I think its more to do with being pissed at Dawson changing his mind or feeling they have been played.

Unfortunately when you're angry you can compound a problem and cut your nose off to spite your face and this looks to be the case.

Rejecting 17 has them backed into a corner.
Reid has the option to add a token element to the deal to get Dawson and Sydney save face or go FU and PSD it is.
If the PSD doesn't work for whatever reason he will be crucified.
Doughty position in this is going to be interesting and show how professional and competent he is.

Logic says pay the dollars it takes for PSD and save the draft picks.
I feel like the only reason we would be willing to get this trade done for overs from this point is we have further trades we want to execute that we don't want to involve Sydney in.

And Sydney may be banking on that. If so Reid has to hold his nerve. We've done more than enough in the negotiation. Gotta play the PSD card now and get Sydney peeing down their leg

I don't think Sydney see much difference between 17 and 23 in a speculative draft. Ultimately I reckon they're wanting 2022 options. Pick 23 + a chunk of 2022 picks.
Thats because Sydney are like Carlton, if it isnt a Top 10 pick and or an Academy player its useless to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely the mature way to go about discussions

PSD will be used as a last resort, but I’d be shocked if it got to that point
Clubs simply don't like completing a deal until the death knock ....they do if they need to use the incoming pick ...otherwise lets all sit around and twiddle our thumbs ....it's a paradigm, and quite immature

Clubs simply don't like completing a deal until the death knock ....they do if they need to use the incoming pick ...otherwise lets all sit around and twiddle our thumbs ....it's a paradigm, and quite immature

Which is why trade period should be two days.

Which is why trade period should be two days.
I'm happy at 4 days .....for the non GF clubs, medicals can be done whilst finals are on ....lets face it trade discussions start as soon as a club has kicked their last ball in anger

For GF competing sides, yes extra couple of days ......but 4 days is truly enough ....you can still trade picks outside that 4 day period

More talking about the PSD aspect. I get what you’re saying otherwise

I lost my mind on the Main Forum regarding the discussion of trade for Dawson.

A Sydney poster, expected a teen pick, somewhere between 10-12 and not 17.

I thought only Port posters were a special kind of stupid. No wonder we may not reach an agreeable point.

They must have been suspecting it, most of the time if a player won't sign on by the mid way point of his last year they are leaving.

I know M Crouch was an exception but he would of gone had their been more interest.

They must have been suspecting it, most of the time if a player won't sign on by the mid way point of his last year they are leaving.

I know M Crouch was an exception but he would of gone had their been more interest.
His injury issues ruled out any Clubs making generous offers.

I thought only Port posters were a special kind of stupid. No wonder we may not reach an agreeable point.
It will be interesting what Dawson thinks of pick 17. If he thinks it's fair he wouldn't like his ex club interfering in his future. I think Sydney are hoping they have another Papley situation on their hands by rejecting everything. It's time Dawson takes some control of the situation through his manager and categorically states that he will not be playing for Sydney ever again and will only be playing at the crows. This then forces Sydney to accept 17 or get nothing for him. If they choose nothing happy days but they can't say we didn't try our best.

Sheeesh Grotto… Havent you heard of tenteen, eleventeen and twelveteen before?…

It will be interesting what Dawson thinks of pick 17. If he thinks it's fair he wouldn't like his ex club interfering in his future. I think Sydney are hoping they have another Papley situation on their hands by rejecting everything. It's time Dawson takes some control of the situation through his manager and categorically states that he will not be playing for Sydney ever again and will only be playing at the crows. This then forces Sydney to accept 17 or get nothing for him. If they choose nothing happy days but they can't say we didn't try our best.
I think Sydney will end up accepting Pick 17 and maybe some superfluous swapping of much latter picks to save face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back