Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. The knock on our list is too many mids. Yet many want to play our gun full forward in the midfield.

Exactly. Still allows an occasional run through the midfield as needed.

Brown did it through having great hands and courage in the air, but did not really have many other elite forward attributes. JDG has it all. Will be one of the great forwards of his era.

Agree. Amazingly brave and just about the best attack on the footy I've seen (in a Collingwood player) but not really what I'd consider a bull.

Agree. Amazingly brave and just about the best attack on the footy I've seen (in a Collingwood player) but not really what I'd consider a bull.

When your coach is Leigh Matthews, captain Tony Shaw and team mate Darren Millane you’d want to be brave on the field or you wouldn’t want to go into the changeroom after the game.

If one J. Elliot gets back on the park and hits form next year then Degoey playing more midfield time will make even more sense.
I reckon Stephensons development more than a return of Elliott will be a big factor. I can definitely see Degoey and Stephenson rotating midfield and full forward once Stephenson physically develops a bit more.

Played only half season, polled well in the Brownlow. 17 games, 12 votes.

If he plays a whole season, he will go very very close to winning.

He’s competing with Adams, Sidebottom, Grundy, Pendlebury and Treloar.

Last edited:
Played the half season, polled well in the Brownlow.

If he plays a whole season, he will go very very close to winning.

So many votes for a bloke who played so little in the midfield. He evidently attracts the attention of umpires, bodes well for his next contract!

We have so many midfielders, no need to push Jordy to the midfield. Let’s keep him at full forward as a Steve Johnson type.

We have so many midfielders, no need to push Jordy to the midfield. Let’s keep him at full forward as a Steve Johnson type.

Thats an insult to De Goey. Jonno was a great player but a total flog and sook

I've been saying since his debut season that this guy looks like he'll be a genuine gun someday, elite top 5 player in the comp level player. At the moment he is on track. Hopefully all goes according to plan... :D

I reckon he’d be our best clearance player midfield. I hope we begin to use him the way the tigers use Dustin Martin. Problem is no one in our forwardine has the combination of strength, power and speed he has, so we can’t really take him out of there.

Kinda funny, before the argument was he wasn’t performing good enough in the forwardline to warrant midfield time now he performing too good.

The difference is our midfield is good enough to play JDG at FF 95% of the time. Richmond can't afford that luxury as their midfield doesn't bat as deep.

Jordy really does have the potential to win both the Coleman Medal and a Brownlow Medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last thing I want to do is bag Gavin Brown.

But I certainly saw plenty of games where he struggled as a forward. Midfield definitely his best position and thats where he should have played and thats where he did play for the bulk of his career. But against the best full backs of the day Gavin Brown was out of position at full forward. The game is different now to what it was then so maybe JDG will be a long term answer in that position.

Interesting stat, from his second season onward if Gavin Brown played more than 20 games in a season he won the Best and Fairest. He won one as wingman in 89, an onballer in 94 and defender in 97.

Did anyone catch Treloar on Gameday saying that Jordy was one of the strongest humans he'd ever seen?

Yeah I shared this earlier in the year.

Pendles took him under his wing and got him in the weights room after 2 months Degoey was out lifting Pendles in almost every category.

Bloke is a machine I still remember Roos saying on triple M when he bumped into Howe and Degoey at a coffee shop he was amazed how big he was.

Jordy, treloar, Grundy, Adams, Pendles and Sidey are all top 25 players in the league atm. Throw in Stephenson in 3 years. What a team. We need a brilliant defender and Kelly as Pendles replacement and we'll be up for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back