Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

15 Forwards in the comp average more than 14 touches and a goal a game. Rachele is one of them at 21. 3 of them are under 24... Rachele has the best player rating of the year of the three. Kid is going alright, couldn't care any less if he doesn't put his body on the line sometimes. Don't drive your ferrari through the mud and all that

15 Forwards in the comp average more than 14 touches and a goal a game. Rachele is one of them at 21. 3 of them are under 24... Rachele has the best player rating of the year of the three. Kid is going alright, couldn't care any less if he doesn't put his body on the line sometimes. Don't drive your ferrari through the mud and all that

14 touches you say.... Consider me bought in!

What are the chances Rash is done?

Goneski.

Leaving the nest.

Heading back home.

I feel like after the talking to he got for stating his beliefs around his CBAs … he’s signed out.

I know he’s injured after trying to put his whole leg through an opponent, but no way has he bought into what we are selling.

Super talented - will be in demand on the open market. Could get back to Victoria pretty easily I would have thought.

Goneski.

Leaving the nest.

Heading back home.

I feel like after the talking to he got for stating his beliefs around his CBAs … he’s signed out.

I know he’s injured after trying to put his whole leg through an opponent, but no way has he bought into what we are selling.

Super talented - will be in demand on the open market. Could get back to Victoria pretty easily I would have thought.

What do you base any of this on?

Because the fact is he’s contracted until 2029.

Unless someone pays a king’s ransom he’s not going anywhere.

Goneski.

Leaving the nest.

Heading back home.

My worry is that he is obviously injured but being asked to push through and play as our small forward options are limited to super leader Murphy.

I was unfortunately at the Port v Carlton game on Friday night. Saw Butters take a fine grab at about 35m out - stretching backwards with the hordes bearing down on him. Did not flinch, and would've taken the hit, had it been anyone other than Carlton playing them. There's no way in hell Rachele is going to do that. I hope he changes, but I certainly wouldn't be averse to trading him - as that sort of stuff wins games and from what I can see, he's not got what it takes. Flashy, and OK at times, but if you're not prepared to put your body on the line, your teammates will not back you.

I was unfortunately at the Port v Carlton game on Friday night. Saw Butters take a fine grab at about 35m out - stretching backwards with the hordes bearing down on him. Did not flinch, and would've taken the hit, had it been anyone other than Carlton playing them. There's no way in hell Rachele is going to do that. I hope he changes, but I certainly wouldn't be averse to trading him - as that sort of stuff wins games and from what I can see, he's not got what it takes. Flashy, and OK at times, but if you're not prepared to put your body on the line, your teammates will not back you.
Do you think he never puts his body on the line? Cause that's just not true. He could be more consistent with it, he could do it more but he does put his body on the line. May as well get rid of Cook then cause he is the most bruise free footballer i've ever seen

Do you think he never puts his body on the line? Cause that's just not true. He could be more consistent with it, he could do it more but he does put his body on the line. May as well get rid of Cook then cause he is the most bruise free footballer i've ever seen

David Gallagher says hi.

You make a good point. Cook looks to have the tools (utensils), but he's never in the kitchen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mobility seems hampered. Strange that we're getting him to soldier on through it when the season is gone.

Wait... not strange. I mean Crows Idiocy 101.

Did the odd good thing (left foot pass to Thilthorpe, one handed mark) but had some horror moments too. Getting caught holding the ball and that inexplicable one on the outer side when he presumably thought Himmelberg had been awarded a free kick.

That effort in the first qtr where he stopped running for the ball and ran the other way back to position was one of the weirder things I’ve seen. He literally stopped chasing the ball when it was heading for the boundary and Impey keeps it in and plays on without any pressure.

Surely going to be brought up in review because to me, in additional to looking weird, it just looked ****ing lazy.

Goneski.

Leaving the nest.

Heading back home.

He’s one of a growing band of Crows players who would likely benefit from a new Coach.

I don’t think he knows his role in the team, or if he does it’s not to his pleasing.

If he wants to be a midfielder then he needs to understand, and commit to, gaining a substantial increase in his fitness.

That effort in the first qtr where he stopped running for the ball and ran the other way back to position was one of the weirder things I’ve seen. He literally stopped chasing the ball when it was heading for the boundary and Impey keeps it in and plays on without any pressure.

Surely going to be brought up in review because to me, in additional to looking weird, it just looked ****ing lazy.
It definitely looked like he assumed something (free kick, ball out) because he just u turned and went the other way. He did look extremely surprised when he turned around though.

Got to agree , you can’t teach that stuff unfortunately. Go to any underage game and it’s all there to see.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s one of a growing band of Crows players who would likely benefit from a new Coach.

I don’t think he knows his role in the team, or if he does it’s not to his pleasing.

If he wants to be a midfielder then he needs to understand, and commit to, gaining a substantial increase in his fitness.

He is not a midfielders backside!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree a new coach may be the key but he's been very disappointing. I know a lot of posters keep giving him outs, but we're paying him very good $ for the next five years so really hoping he can raise the bar significantly from here as he's not carrying his share of the load.

Agree a new coach may be the key but he's been very disappointing. I know a lot of posters keep giving him outs, but we're paying him very good $ for the next five years so really hoping he can raise the bar significantly from here as he's not carrying his share of the load.
Are we? I haven’t seen any reports on $’s
We signed him long term early and the cap is going up significantly

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back