Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

That effort in the first qtr where he stopped running for the ball and ran the other way back to position was one of the weirder things I’ve seen. He literally stopped chasing the ball when it was heading for the boundary and Impey keeps it in and plays on without any pressure.

Surely going to be brought up in review because to me, in additional to looking weird, it just looked ****ing lazy.
Shape keeping
It definitely is
Real facts : He can be lazy and just opportunistic if the easy ball comes

What are the chances Rash is done?

Goneski.

Leaving the nest.

Heading back home.

I feel like after the talking to he got for stating his beliefs around his CBAs … he’s signed out.

I know he’s injured after trying to put his whole leg through an opponent, but no way has he bought into what we are selling.

Super talented - will be in demand on the open market. Could get back to Victoria pretty easily I would have thought.
He knows Nicks will be sacked next year ;)

Are we? I haven’t seen any reports on $’s
We signed him long term early and the cap is going up significantly
His manager wasn't signing him up for small bills flat lined through to 2029 when the cap increase was already well known.

As a high draft pick, from Victoria, having shown great promise, locking himself to the club for a further 7 years, his manager would have got very good terms - and we would have been happy to give them.

His manager wasn't signing him up for small bills flat lined through to 2029 when the cap increase was already well known.

As a high draft pick, from Victoria, having shown great promise, locking himself to the club for a further 7 years, his manager would have got very good terms - and we would have been happy to give them.
All speculation though.

Agree with others here that he would be a different player with a new coach. Seems to have checked out a bit this year and not playing with his usual flair and excitement.

Even though he has struggled at times this year and has been below his best, he is still producing decent numbers and contributing. Top 5 for goals, goal assists and scoring involvements. Not bad for someone who is just going through the motions.

Once he gets a coach who supports him and backs him in to play his normal game style, he will quickly return to his best and will be such an important player for us.

Suggesting Rachele is playing poorly because Nick's is coach is simply blame shifting. He has to take a far bit of responsibility for his own performances. Generally, he has been poor and non competitive this season.
A neutral observer dropping absolute facts. Exactly what this thread needed.

The most disappointing player of ‘24.

Suggesting Rachele is playing poorly because Nick's is coach is simply blame shifting. He has to take a far bit of responsibility for his own performances. Generally, he has been poor and non competitive this season.
Averages more goals than Ginnivan, nearly double goal assists, same tackles i50, one less pressure act, .2 less effective possessions. Why don't you go troll somewhere else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He averaged 20 disposals and kicked 10.10 when he moved into the midfield for the first 8 weeks last year, this year Nicks played him in a different role further up the ground neither forward or in the midfield and has been good in that graveyard role.

Suggesting Rachele is playing poorly because Nick's is coach is simply blame shifting. He has to take a fair bit of responsibility for his own performances. Generally, he has been poor and non competitive this season.

24 goals and 17 assists and averaging 14.6 disposals playing primarily as a small half-forward type is not exactly a poor season. With Rachele it's more about poor individual moments, rather than being poor in general.

I don't think the issue is how Nicks has handled him. I think the issue is that he's the "cream on top" kind of player who looks like a million bucks when the side is performing well, but struggles to get involved when things are going poorly. Unfortunately this season we've had more of the latter than the former.

When (if?) our side actually gets back to playing good football again, Rachele will be one of our most valuable players.

24 goals and 17 assists and averaging 14.6 disposals playing primarily as a small half-forward type is not exactly a poor season. With Rachele it's more about poor individual moments, rather than being poor in general.

I don't think the issue is how Nicks has handled him. I think the issue is that he's the "cream on top" kind of player who looks like a million bucks when the side is performing well, but struggles to get involved when things are going poorly. Unfortunately this season we've had more of the latter than the former.

When (if?) our side actually gets back to playing good football again, Rachele will be one of our most valuable players.
I’d rather not spend such a high draft pick on a ‘cream on top’ player.

I’d rather not spend such a high draft pick on a ‘cream on top’ player.
Why not? Our list is painfully blue collar. We're crying out for classy players with flair who can convert that hard work into goals.

Good sides need those cream on top types of players. They're super valuable if the rest of the side is performing. And if they're not... then who cares? We're not winning a flag this year regardless of how well Rachele plays.

Suggesting Rachele is playing poorly because Nick's is coach is simply blame shifting. He has to take a fair bit of responsibility for his own performances. Generally, he has been poor and non competitive this season.

Not really, our club has a very specific forward line strategy. It's not designed for small forwards to rack up 20 odd and kick 2 goals. Unless you're senior player Ben Keays working up and down the ground. It's more a role of facilitating and/or covering for other's lack of defensive attributes.

Apparently this player is also perfectly within his rights to decide whether or not to contest a ball based on whether he might get injured and the time left in the game according to his fan club. Non-negotiables don't apply to this delicate genius player.

He stopped trying on Sunday, and his opponent ran off him on numerous occassions. The club should not forget this.

Apparently this player is also perfectly within his rights to decide whether or not to contest a ball based on whether he might get injured and the time left in the game according to his fan club. Non-negotiables don't apply to this delicate genius player.

He stopped trying on Sunday, and his opponent ran off him on numerous occassions. The club should not forget this.

It’s astonishing how much our supporter base keeps making excuses for this bloke. High draft pick, with bundles of talent…but it’s ok, he’s young blah blah. His attitude is terrible. And, if he doesn’t pull his head in, will drift away into an abyss of ‘wasted potential’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back