Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachelle has been our most disappointing player for 2024, the player needs to take some ownership for his form.

It’s ok to say play more midfield, but he needs to improve his contest work and defensive efforts before he deserves more midfield minutes.

The coaches have got plenty wrong this year but I’m one that puts it on the players to be more professional and improve

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely unfair. In no way is he the most disappointing player.

Leads our club in Goal Assists, 4th for goals, 2nd for tackles Inside 50.

Jones, McHenry, Pedlar, Murphy, Smith, Laird, Walker, Berry, Schoenberg, O'Brien, Worrell, Milera, Crouch, TT have all had much more disappointing seasons.

Numbers, numbers, numbers, Pffft!
With Rachele, in particular, the eye test is what matters, and he fails that pretty badly.
Do you watch his matches and are you happy with what you see?

What the hell is this eye test?

Sounds as silly as those posters who tie Lachlan Sholls success to his tackling.

If multiple players are exhibiting this, surely that’s on the coach.

Unfair to blame Nicks for this IMO.

Rachele is an extremely emotional player who wears his heart on his sleeve. It brings him a lot more attention and its mostly negative. Its the way he is and its part and parcel of him being the type of player he is.

Gotta embrace it.

Completely unfair. In no way is he the most disappointing player.

Leads our club in Goal Assists, 4th for goals, 2nd for tackles Inside 50.

Jones, McHenry, Pedlar, Murphy, Smith, Laird, Walker, Berry, Schoenberg, O'Brien, Worrell, Milera, Crouch, TT have all had much more disappointing seasons.

What the hell is this eye test?

Sounds as silly as those posters who tie Lachlan Sholls success to his tackling.

Unfair to blame Nicks for this IMO.

Rachele is an extremely emotional player who wears his heart on his sleeve. It brings him a lot more attention and its mostly negative. Its the way he is and its part and parcel of him being the type of player he is.

Gotta embrace it.
The eye test is something you claim when the stats show the opposite of what you want. It's intangible bullshit tainted by your bias

Numbers, numbers, numbers, Pffft!
With Rachele, in particular, the eye test is what matters, and he fails that pretty badly.
Do you watch his matches and are you happy with what you see?

You see what you want to see - so every time you see what you want to see “a soft effort” you will remember that and only that. What you won’t and don’t want to remember is his other efforts.

I’m sorry but numbers like possessions, goal involvements and assists are reievant numbers for forwards.

What isn’t relevant for midfielders is possessions for example (yes I’m looking at the likes of Laird).

You see what you want to see - so every time you see what you want to see “a soft effort” you will remember that and only that. What you won’t and don’t want to remember is his other efforts.

I’m sorry but numbers like possessions, goal involvements and assists are reievant numbers for forwards.

What isn’t relevant for midfielders is possessions for example (yes I’m looking at the likes of Laird).

This is 100% right, could not careless about stats, what I just want to see is a guy fulfill his potential. I want to see someone that doesn’t fumble the ball at a crucial moment, a guy that doesn’t continually get caught with the ball and blowing momentum. If he can improve these things to add them to his other attributes then we will have somebody. But what’s annoying is they should come naturally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is 100% right, could not careless about stats, what I just want to see is a guy fulfill his potential. I want to see someone that doesn’t fumble the ball at a crucial moment, a guy that doesn’t continually get caught with the ball and blowing momentum. If he can improve these things to add them to his other attributes then we will have somebody. But what’s annoying is they should come naturally.

Should they come naturally for someone who had a soccer background. And he doesn’t continually get caught with the ball, it happens probably once a game ffs but again that is what everyone remembers.

And of course you don’t care about stats - because the stats that reflect what he is actually doing don’t help your argument.

Perhaps you would you prefer the “shape shifters” game. I’ll tell you that Rachele will have the ability to win a game when it counts (see Essendon) than most.

Should they come naturally for someone who had a soccer background. And he doesn’t continually get caught with the ball, it happens probably once a game ffs but again that is what everyone remembers.

And of course you don’t care about stats - because the stats that reflect what he is actually doing don’t help your argument.

Perhaps you would you prefer the “shape shifters” game. I’ll tell you that Rachele will have the ability to win a game when it counts (see Essendon) than most.

Only gets caught once a game are you blind! Take you rose colored glasses off and don’t be so scared to call it out!

Only gets caught once a game are you blind! Take you rose colored glasses off and don’t be so scared to call it out!

18 frees against in 19 games, pretty simple maths that is fewer than one a game, without even checking how many of these are HTB

but you don't deal with stats so you keep going with whatever your 9/9 vision tells you I guess

Fumble?

he got caught twice last match, both times he def could've chucked it on the boot like Lairdy or Smith and caused a likely turnover... probs would've been a proud KICK IT LONG moment for ya lad

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back