Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

"So Matthew, whose decision was it to drop Josh?"

old music it wasnt me GIF

This is a bit settling, at least

I know it could just be a script they gave to him but I’ll try to be optimistic

Yeah - if there is one thing in life you take to the bank - its a contracted player rumored to be leaving saying to the media(alongside club officials) that they are gonna stay.

Because it wasn't isolated to that and they likely has told him before?
it’s been clearly stated, if anyone actually listens, there were concerns over a short period, inc Mon - Frid, where team first principles weren’t being applied

Now, you could restate this as being more Me,Me,Me …. but let’s be more gracious and go the former

It’s unusual for players to bag a teammate publicly …. it’s a reasonable suggestion to believe there’s been a build up of frustration

It’s interesting that Bellamy from the Melbourne Storm, undoubtedly one of the best NRL Clubs …. has a team rule, no celebrations that don’t include the team first

It’s interesting that Bellamy from the Melbourne Storm, undoubtedly one of the best NRL Clubs …. has a team rule, no celebrations that don’t include the team first

So interesting. I agree. What successful club could would want a player selfishly celebrating a goal in the AFL.

How in the hell did Brisbane win 3 straight flags with that selfish prick Jason Akermanis! We would have dropped the showboating idiot right away! That'll learn him.

If he hasn't been holding team values for awhile now why has it taken the leadership group and the coaching group so long to do anything about it?

Was it because they were so desperate to win games because they themselves were feeling the pressure and they knew he was still a better than half the other players they had even with the values issues?

That shows a lack of leadership and poor coaching technique. It doesn't help the player hold team values when they constantly feel unsupported because the club never had his back when the media went to town.

If they were good at their jobs they would have handed this quietly in season and not let it fester until the last round when firmly entrenched in the bottom 4.

This club has been poorly run for a long time, Josh is young and has time to learn, it's a shame the club did nothing but throw him under the bus all season publically.

Last edited:
If he hasn't been holding team values for awhile now why has it taken the leadership group and the coaching group so long to do anything about it?

Was it because they were so desperate to win games because they themselves were feeling the pressure and they knew he was still a better than half the other players they had even with the values issues?

That shows a lack of leadership and poor coaching technique. It does help the player hold team values when they constantly feel unsupported because the club never had his back when the media went to town.

If they were good at their jobs they would have handed this quietly in season and not let it fester until the last round when firmly entrenched in the bottom 4.

This club has been poorly run for a long time, Josh is young and has time to learn, it's a shame the club did nothing but throw him under the bus all season publically.
This seemed liked reasonably balanced view of the situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh fronting the media out of his own volition to confess that it was he that paid Kurt Tippett and it had nothing to do with the club.

View attachment 2088369
So no one there from the club to support him as he speaks to the media? Had to do it by himself again? There's no senior player that's taken him under their wing this week to better show and explain what they are wanting from him?

So no one there from the club to support him as he speaks to the media? Had to do it by himself again? There's no senior player that's taken him under their wing this week to better show and explain what they are wanting from him?
One of the senior players would know media would be waiting, could have said “ hang on mate I’ll walk out withyou” p155 poor

Par for the course under this regime.

One of the senior players would know media would be waiting, could have said “ hang on mate I’ll walk out withyou” p155 poor
If this was Geelong, Dangerfield would be standing right behind him. He would also say that's enough questions for now, Josh and I need to get to work on the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back