Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh is lucky Malcolm Blight not still the coach or he may have played his last game, cast your minds back to Bret Williams who didn't commit to attacking the ball on two occasions and was never heard of again

No, Malcolm Blight would endorse and encourage his flair whilst players like Laird and Murphy would have been shown the door.

Honestly, Rachele isn't the type of player to follow "script". I thought the pointing to the teeth was funny as but if he broke a promise to the playing group and has own up to it and want to move on then he will do this, he has proven to be mentally strong given he still had an excellent season despite the media attention.

The fact that some of the 'playing group, felt the need to tell Josh 'please don't wind the Porty supporters up' - prior to the game, tells you everything you need to know about us.

****ing pathetic.

Calm down.
I love Dawson - the player. He's exceptional.
But he's almost invisible as a leader of the club. I've heard more from the cooker O'Brien and the hack Murphy than I have from Dawson.
Maybe leave the disrespectful "cooker" talk at the door just because a player may not agree with your Political/Social views next time.

Kim Dillon backing the club and saying Will and supporters should apologise to Laird.

**** me.

Kim Dillon is an absolute moron and is nothing more than a happy clapper supporter.

Who can forget him talking up Neil Craig after the wheels had fallen off, his opinion hasn't been relevant in decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim Dillon is an absolute moron and is nothing more than a happy clapper supporter.

Who can forget him talking up Neil Craig after the wheels had fallen off, his opinion hasn't been relevant in decades.
It's the likes of Dillon backing the club for every ****up why they know they can get away with mediocrity.

The fact that some of the 'playing group, felt the need to tell Josh 'please don't wind the Porty supporters up' - prior to the game, tells you everything you need to know about us.

****ing pathetic.
With round 24 and end of season this can be dealt with in the off-season.

"Go have a think about it in the off-season. You will need to start in the SANFL unless you can show an outstanding preseason. And then you will be on a short leash. Don't fire up opposition fans."

Man, just caught up on the stuff C4 said… our coach might be a psychopath
I think there is a Brad Crouch redemption story here.

He knew well before we all caught on.

d6200e1f3a16e983c401ddc9dff34aac

Apologies if already posted - somewhere…

Adelaide Crows fans are losing faith in a club run by also-rans | Paul Starick
We’ve seen this before. Adelaide finds a young star with an X-factor and then fumbles terribly, writes Paul Starick.

Opinion
Don't miss out on the headlines from Opinion. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
The furore over Josh Rachele’s axing is the latest explosion of Crows fans’ frustration at being starved of on-field success for too long.
Rachele is a fan favourite, because he is an exciting, passionate player with the X-factor that can win games.

He’s just 21 years old and brimming with promise.

Now it looks like coach Matthew Nicks, who seems a great bloke and has undoubtedly rebuilt team culture, wants to curb Rachele’s exuberance because of on-field jibes at Port fans.

We’ve seen this movie before.

Crows players get disgruntled with the club and return home to Victoria.

Adelaide Football Club chairman John Olsen making an announcement at Crows headquarters West Lakes Picture: Roy VanDerVegt
Adelaide Football Club chairman John Olsen making an announcement at Crows headquarters West Lakes Picture: Roy VanDerVegt
Josh Rachele warns up before Showdown. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images
Josh Rachele warns up before Showdown. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images
It seemed the biggest achievement of the Nicks era had been turning this around and attracting star players Jordan Dawson, now the captain, and Izak Rankine to the club.

Now there’s confusion about what’s going on, given Rachele can hardly have been dropped for poor form.

The club has failed to explain the reason for his axing and frustrated fans do not trust that the Crows’ lengthy rebuild is heading in the right direction.

Crows powerbrokers, from the indefatigable chairman John Olsen down, seem distracted with the ongoing and torturous saga of relocating the club’s headquarters to Thebarton Oval.

This is understandable.

The process has been unduly political and will be enormously expensive, so the board has a duty to get it right.

But one can’t help but feel this has been a distraction from a laser-like focus on returning the Crows to a powerhouse club of the AFL and becoming, once again, a regular finals contender.

Fans are impatient.

The Crows haven’t made the finals since losing the Grand Final to Richmond in 2017.

The last premiership was more than a quarter of a century ago, back in the glory days of back-to-back flags in 1997 and 1998.

Back then, the Crows were the pride of South Australia. They retain the biggest supporter base, by far, of any sporting club in SA.

But the fans are losing faith and are tired of their team being a bunch of also-rans.

Paul Starick is an Adelaide Football Club foundation member.

Lever, McGovern, Cameron, Stengle.

We've dodged a few bullets over the years..
I don’t think they are all equal.
Lever - did he just want to go to Vic?
McGovern - because he was dropped for the GF?
Cameron - wasn’t that part of the camp?
Stengle - I thought that was us?

Rory Laird has a weekly spot on their show doesn't he, I don't listen, I'm sure its thrilling though.

Happens with all of them, all media here are the same, all have their favourites.

How come teams like GWS and the Hawks are seen as breaking new ground and the taste of the town for their embracing the fun ... but Rash is the devil incarnate?

I'm pretty sure if you looked up the Marshmallow game with Sheedy, they'd all be going on about what an amazing bit of theatre the guru created (they lost that game from memory to the North we beat in the GF?)

What about the stuff from last few years from the poWer side of things - how they actually hate the Crows, proper hate - that's fine ... but make a joke about the toothless masses, hold on to your socks.

We've all made the teeth joke about Paer or Collingwood - what's the big deal? My favourite was always "How do you know that a Port Adelaide fan invented the toothbrush? Anyone else would have called it a teethbrush!"

Is anyone actually taking these jibes seriously? It's like the cracks at Crows supporters being old and apricot slice brigade - so what?

I hope he gets offered a multi-million dollar contract to go and light up the MCG each week and takes it. Everyone at Adelaide FC will be rapt to see another potential All Australian walk out the door for a chance to get back on the draft merry-go-round and never actually try and develop the talent so we can win a bloody premiership.

This 25 years of pent up hostility is starting boil over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back