Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

a few hard pressed supporters and a sour grapes press release from West Coast

If you wanted to keep Rioli , pay him more money, it's pretty simple.

The club supported Rioli through his drug ban issues, not out of the bottom of their tender heart, but because they made a business decision that Rioli would make them a better team in future.

Amon compo.

Apparently the contracts are pretty similar. Not sure how there can be any serious discussion from Port supporters complaining that they should get a second rounder for Amon, yet not be willing to pay the same for Rioli if they've put a similar contract in front of him.

That or Georgiades, with our third rounder going Port's way.

Done. We'll throw in Butters and Rozee while we're at it.

Pretty low from Rioli to cut and run from the Eagles after they supported him for so long through his drug ban/issues. They could easily have delisted him and moved on, I don’t blame them for feeling aggrieved at this.

I am normally (even with WC players) of the view that a player is usually duty bound to seek the best deal for themselves. Clubs are usually pretty ruthless for their own best deal, so to should players.

In this case however, the club showed extraordinary faith, went above and beyond. Extraordinarily poor IMO

Let's hope he doesn't **** up his 4th chance

a few hard pressed supporters and a sour grapes press release from West Coast

If you wanted to keep Rioli , pay him more money, it's pretty simple.

The club supported Rioli through his drug ban issues, not out of the bottom of their tender heart, but because they made a business decision that Rioli would make them a better team in future.

163396.jpg

Future second
With the worst coach in the league in charge, I doubt our future second will be a pick in the 30's. I hope Port don't touch our future picks with a ten foot pole this trade period.

Think it's closer to 500k
Either way, he's got a young family and who knows what his career prospects look like after football, can't blame him for looking to cash in. And as disappointing as it is for Eagles fans, we aren't going to get the best out of him while languishing at the bottom of the table, he's a cherry on top player. If Port move back up the ladder, he could win important games for them. At the Eagles, he would just lessen the margin a little.

Can someone revise the thread title please, it's obvious what it should be changed to now

Willie Rioli Jnr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one player goes by the name of Junior Rioli, done for cultural reasons following his father's death. There's no risk of confusion, so why should we be disrespectful just for the sake of it?

The defence rests

So Amon gets basically same contract as Rioli yet his compensation pick is better than what Port should give up for Rioli? How does that work Port fans?
If by 'basically the same contract' you mean $150k less a year for one less year, sure. Remind me not to let you negotiate my next contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back