Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 66 25.5%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 42 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great that Port went on a winning run, allowing Kane Cornes to get on his high horse for a few weeks and rip the fans. But ultimately, he is Kane Cornes, and shit will always come back to bite him in the arse because he is, always, wrong about everything. Take it to the bank.

Have I got this right? Is Kane Cornes saying Hinkley will go if Port do not make the Grand Final.

Cornes understands that questions over Hinkley’s future will be asked following the Geelong loss and he’s sticking with his thoughts that the Power will have a new head coach in 2025 should they not progress to a Grand Final this September.

That sounds to me like Kornes thinks Ken is gone if we do not win this week against either the Hawks or the Dogs. If that is the case I hope he is not wrong on this one.

Have I got this right? Is Kane Cornes saying Hinkley will go if Port do not make the Grand Final.

Cornes understands that questions over Hinkley’s future will be asked following the Geelong loss and he’s sticking with his thoughts that the Power will have a new head coach in 2025 should they not progress to a Grand Final this September.

That sounds to me like Kornes thinks Ken is gone if we do not win this week against either the Hawks or the Dogs. If that is the case I hope he is not wrong on this one.

Probably hearing his dear brother won’t be at Port next year, so time to get stuck into Ken.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He can't bring himself to say though that the main issue is Hinkley. He just says his opinion is that if he doesn't make a GF this year he'll be gone. Kornes has no problems at all saying Bevo is the problem at the Bulldogs. And when he did say something might be wrong with the coaching it's just "Hey look, Josh Carr is a coach there, how is he the answer to the problem?"

Interesting listening though to how the two of them analysed what the problems were. Kornes was its all on the players, the mindset etc. Whereas King is just going full throttle that tactically we were inept. Of course its a combination of the two, but Kornes will simply not criticise Hinkley.

He wasn't human garbage when he ran from Adelaide to Melbourne for charity champ.
Man who dislikes Tredrea also runs to defence of Kane Cones.

Hmm

He can't bring himself to say though that the main issue is Hinkley. He just says his opinion is that if he doesn't make a GF this year he'll be gone. Kornes has no problems at all saying Bevo is the problem at the Bulldogs. And when he did say something might be wrong with the coaching it's just "Hey look, Josh Carr is a coach there, how is he the answer to the problem?"

Interesting listening though to how the two of them analysed what the problems were. Kornes was its all on the players, the mindset etc. Whereas King is just going full throttle that tactically we were inept. Of course its a combination of the two, but Kornes will simply not criticise Hinkley.

12 years of "it's all on the players" just doesn't cut the mustard. Players and assistant coaches have come and gone, but the one constant has been Hinkley.

Probably hearing his dear brother won’t be at Port next year, so time to get stuck into Ken.

Pretty sure Chad will be at Port next year even if Ken isn't the coach. But I would expect him to be moved out of the forward line and most likely moved into a development coaching role.

Pretty sure Chad will be at Port next year even if Ken isn't the coach. But I would expect him to be moved out of the forward line and most likely moved into a development coaching role.

I hope you’re wrong, we need a complete clean out.

I hope you’re wrong, we need a complete clean out.

He's contracted.
I do laugh when people think Chad is a major problem at Port. The forward line structure and issues have been the same for many years - long before Chad became forwards coach.
And if you think Chad is the primary leaker of info to Kane - he gets his info direct from the source (Ken, CD and Richo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's contracted.
I do laugh when people think Chad is a major problem at Port. The forward line structure and issues have been the same for many years - long before Chad became forwards coach.
And if you think Chad is the primary leaker of info to Kane - he gets his info direct from the source (Ken, CD and Richo).
I don't think that. My mail is none of Kane's premiership team mates talk to him. Chad might even be one of those.

He's contracted.
There are bigger issues with Chad's continued employment than his tactics. He's a shit bloke. I want a restraining order on anybody with the surname Cornes stepping within a kilometre of Alberton ever again.

He's contracted.

Fixing our forward line after Ken is removed is thing I look forward to most.

I don't think that. My mail is none of Kane's premiership team mates talk to him. Chad might even be one of those.
Same as what I hear. If it wasn’t for the DNA link they wouldn’t have any contact at all and have never been close.

The “protecting his brothers job” narrative on here has always been way off the mark.

Same as what I hear. If it wasn’t for the DNA link they wouldn’t have any contact at all and have never been close.

The “protecting his brothers job” narrative on here has always been way off the mark.
Woah ok strangely that’s reassuring but hard to believe why else is Kane glued to Kens ass so much if not nepotism ?

Surely a gifted final season to make 300 isn’t worth this level of sycophantic BS

Did listen to Kane and King on SEN, and Kane actually did rip the coaching.

I didn't get the vibe 'Port needs to keep Ken', it's more of he doesn't believe in Carr.
I would sack Hinkley now but perhaps Carr is an even worse coach than Hinkley

I don’t understand the hate for Kane

What he does is incredibly brave and he’s almost always right

Everyone except Kane tows the party line

The feedback Kane gives to players is more direct than actual coaches !!

He said the dogs have an elite list (correct). He said Bevridge mucks around with selections then get on a run but doesnt qualify top 4 ; exactly what happened this yr

He called Sam Mitchell a genius last yr - correct

Last edited:
Woah ok strangely that’s reassuring but hard to believe why else is Kane glued to Kens ass so much if not nepotism ?

Surely a gifted final season to make 300 isn’t worth this level of sycophantic BS
Ken saved the guys football career. He was back in the two’s under Primus and would have been delisted/traded had Matty continued.

He’s forever indebted to Ken for that and then getting him the 300 and not giving him a hard time when he pulled the rug from under us mid season to retire.

Garbage :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You couldn’t be more wrong

Yes people like Hardwick get annoyed w Kane’s comments but the port boys still remain friends with Kane

Hardwick is in the wrong. Bloke left Richmond in the lurch, came to Gold Coast and they couldn’t even make finals w an easy draw

Garbage :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You couldn’t be more wrong

Yes people like Hardwick get annoyed w Kane’s comments but the port boys still remain friends with Kane

Hardwick is in the wrong. Bloke left Richmond in the lurch, came to Gold Coast and they couldn’t even make finals w an easy draw
Good to have you here Kane.

It'll actually be good for the club when we move past Kane's mates being in charge. You get rid of Chad and Ken and suddenly we may actually get honesty from our very own media shock jock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back