Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 66 25.5%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 42 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would sack Hinkley now but perhaps Carr is an even worse coach than Hinkley

I don’t understand the hate for Kane

What he does is incredibly brave and he’s almost always right

Everyone except Kane tows the party line

The feedback Kane gives to players is more direct than actual coaches !!

He said the dogs have an elite list (correct). He said Bevridge mucks around with selections then get on a run but doesnt qualify top 4 ; exactly what happened this yr

He called Sam Mitchell a genius last yr - correct
He's been wrong at every step re-Hinkley. He lives week to week and considers no ongoing perspective with his comments.

His bias towards Hinkley defies his entire role and is glaring when his opinions on others are laid bare yet he refuses to treat our hierarchy in the same manner.

He's been wrong at every step re-Hinkley. He lives week to week and considers no ongoing perspective with his comments.

His bias towards Hinkley defies his entire role and is glaring when his opinions on others are laid bare yet he refuses to treat our hierarchy in the same manner.
I think Hinkley should’ve been sacked last year
But I can understand the defence of Ken when he finished top 4 in 20, 21 and 23
But who is the next coach? Kane might know Carr is a dud ?
Nathan Buckley ?

Anyway I only watch shows w kane
Look at Matthew Lloyd, NEVER has an opinion

Kane was right about bulldogs, hawks and jhf

Nathan Buckley ?

Asking supporters “who’s the next coach” like it’s our job to have an encyclopedic dossier on every available assistant or development coach in the land is such a pathetic line to trot out.

It’s not our ****ing job to identify the next coach. But we’re well within our rights to ask for it.

Nathan Buckley ?

Now see here Eddy...

Asking supporters “who’s the next coach” like it’s our job to have an encyclopedic dossier on every available assistant or development coach in the land is such a pathetic line to trot out.

It’s not our ****ing job to identify the next coach. But we’re well within our rights to ask for it.

Yep.

Been on the receiving end of this sh¡t for years on socials.

“Who are ya gonna get to replace him if you’re such a genius and know-all. Who? Go on, who?”

— “The best possible candidate after an exhaustive interview/headhunting process”

“You’re deflecting! Who? Come on, name someone!”

It’s a never-ending nightmare of “Saint Ken/Widdle Club” brainwashing.

My main beef with Kane is the way he talks disparagingly about Port fans at EVERY available opportunity. Apparently we're the most fickle fans in the AFL, for daring to boo Hinkley, and then cheer him weeks later when we're playing better. Apparently we wouldn't deserve to celebrate if/when we finally win a flag. If anything, Thursday night affirmed what we've been saying all along. Will Kane apologise to us if we lose to Hawthorn on Friday night - I'd say there's about as much chance of that, as there is of Ken becoming a premiership coach.

Nathan Buckley ?

Imagine claiming “#1 overall pick became a good player” as a W. You’re confusing the loudest voice for the most astute

Besides, the only thing that matters on this board is that he has been continuously wrong about Ken and Port, worse yet, he has done damage in so doing

Funny how, to Kane, turfing Clarko for Sam Mitchell is an amazing move, but we can’t get rid of our long-serving coach because reasons. And this is your boy?

Last edited:
Nathan Buckley ?

What is the point of continually making the top 4, if your game plan regularly fails in September? That's the whole point here - Carr might end up being a dud, but we'll never find out if he is or not, when we keep extending the contract of an even bigger dud, who's let us down for 12 Septembers in a row.

My main beef with Kane is the way he talks disparagingly about Port fans at EVERY available opportunity. Apparently we're the most fickle fans in the AFL, for daring to boo Hinkley, and then cheer him weeks later when we're playing better. Apparently we wouldn't deserve to celebrate if/when we finally win a flag. If anything, Thursday night affirmed what we've been saying all along. Will Kane apologise to us if we lose to Hawthorn on Friday night - I'd say there's about as much chance of that, as there is of Ken becoming a premiership coach.

Perhaps if Carr is the new coach, he let all and sundry know there will be no more talking to Kano. That’s you CD.

At the moment it’s just a media arm for Ken and CD.

He won’t apologise, but everyone will be tuning in to hear if he does. And that’s the whole ballgame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly can't understand why any Port supporter listens to Kornes let alone takes any notice of what he says. His agenda and his bias is obvious.

It's a sad indictment on the human race that shock jocks always seem to garner a large following.

Yep.

Been on the receiving end of this sh¡t for years on socials.

“Who are ya gonna get to replace him if you’re such a genius and know-all. Who? Go on, who?”

— “The best possible candidate after an exhaustive interview/headhunting process”

It’s a never-ending nightmare of “Saint Ken/Widdle Club” brainwashing.
I didn't even know Craig McRae was an AFL assistant coach until well after Nathan Buckley was sacked.

I didn't even know Craig McRae was an AFL assistant coach until well after Nathan Buckley was sacked.

Haha same. During ‘guernseygate’ he was one of the SA origin players who liked a tweet I made on it, and I just assumed he ran the Rip Curl in Nerang or something

Funny how, to Kane, turfing Clarko for Sam Mitchell is an amazing move, but we can’t get rid of our long-serving coach because reasons. And this is your boy?
Yeah, just about every club you can name has axed an experienced, sometimes highly successful coach over the years, and replaced him with a yet to be proven, rising star, with not even a shrug of the shoulders from Kane Cornes. Yet, the moment Port fans want Hinkley turfed Kane's all "Who you gonna get? The grass isn't always greener". He's a joke. Sorry Lucy, he just is.

He's contracted.
I do laugh when people think Chad is a major problem at Port. The forward line structure and issues have been the same for many years - long before Chad became forwards coach.
And if you think Chad is the primary leaker of info to Kane - he gets his info direct from the source (Ken, CD and Richo).

I still hate him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Then, you do: “He’s nobody!”

No sh*t, Sherlock… I would still get him, whoever he is, over Hinkley.

Just don't consume his shit. I don't consume any footy media garbage anymore. It's all shit. Don't even watch stuff like The Front Bar anymore. It's just the same joke. Find most games hard to watch these days. AFL Football actually sucks and the media that surrounds it is inane and nauseating. finbarr is completely correct. Once you step away from it and find better things to do with your time, you realise what a stupid, idiotic, corrupt shitshow the whole comp is. Kane Cornes is a detestable piece of garbage but most of you feed him by listening to him. You are the idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back