bee dee

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2004
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Melb/Port Ade
A.Allen and P.Hamilton have also been sacked in line with Royal quiting and fitness guy being sacked. Junkyard have it all to himself. And Peter german will not be taking up a role there more likely Hawthorn

Assuming your information is correct, what's the turmoil about losing a couple of Assistant Coaches?

They arent exactly integral and nor have we set the world on fire, so who ever replaces them will do just as good a job if not better. You sound like a journo the way you sensationalise your so called inside info headlines.

Get it into perspective dude!

Wrath

No turmoil? No coaches except Jekyyl no fitness adviser can the dog do it all, is this the cash crisis they arent having starting to kick in.

Yep, we are going to save close to $250k by eliminating 3 assistant coaches and a fitness guy :rolleyes:

Wouldnt you think that they would seek replacements if in fact what you say is true. It is September 2004, not January 2005 you clown.

You didnt audition for Dumb and Dumber by any chance did you?

Wrath

So at Nth assistants get $60000 do they well no wonder they have turned over so many lately. Oh yeah forgot preseason starts in Jan 2005 must be 1975 is it back to the old days.You must be a brainsurgeon by trade??

Perhaps the head job should be looked at. Total Failure. Lost staff, Lost players but supporters are too thick to see through the fraud he is.

bee dee said:
Perhaps the head job should be looked at. Total Failure. Lost staff, Lost players but supporters are too thick to see through the fraud he is.

They have head jobs as part of training at Arden St? No wonder the club fights above it's weight division!

Seriously, why are you having a go at North? One of the best clubs in the game imo - all power to 'em I say.

Laidley is a liability, unfortunately. I just can't see the Roos winning a Flag with him. It's fair to say most coaches are tough with a friendly approachable vibe. Liads comes across as too agro, IMHO. Still I've only seen him on tele, he could be a charming junk yard dog for all I know. :)

aussierules0k said:
Laidley is a liability, unfortunately. I just can't see the Roos winning a Flag with him. It's fair to say most coaches are tough with a friendly approachable vibe.

We sure miss having the fun-loving, friendly Denis around, but Dean can only do his best. We just don't leave him alone with the kids.

No problem if North are taking the chance to restructure the footy department, and look forward to seeing the coaching team for next year. Can't get at all excited about the fitness adviser story - but if we need a new one maybe we can pick up someone from the Hawks, given they've just moved everyone out? There are changes all over the place as 14 clubs are now between seasons. One man's turmoil is another's new broom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bee dee said:
You seem to have this fetish about North, any reason ? Could it be that you follow Port Adelaide and North are your nemesis?

I can't see where the problem is. The Kangaroos are a very good team but have again finished outside the 8. In such a case you are almost certain to see some changes. I wouldn't call that turmoil.
New people are available, as there always are at the end of the season. Time to dive in and assemble the best team your budget allows. Also worth noting some staff may have chosen to go, not been sacked.
We have seen the Crows fillet their coaching staff with almost no comment, even in the Crows obsessed SA media. I'm sure there would be other clubs doing the same.
A non-issue to me.

Silverballs said:
Its all about money.

Pagan was on $800k per year!

Laidley $250k per year!

Straight from a board memebers mouth!

Straight from the media aswell. Im a share holder in the club and have read this in the media over here in WA :( .

aussierules0k said:
Laidley is a liability, unfortunately. I just can't see the Roos winning a Flag with him. It's fair to say most coaches are tough with a friendly approachable vibe. Liads comes across as too agro, IMHO. Still I've only seen him on tele, he could be a charming junk yard dog for all I know. :)

You're kidding, right??

I'd like to see how you'd look after bowling up to Malthouse or Lethal or Worsfold or (insert name of any other coach, except maybe Paul Roos) to initiate a friendly chat about politics or your views on the way footy should be played.

Part of the job is to surround yourself with good people and hear what they have to say. Fact is we will continue to turnover our assistants until we get the right mix at an affordable price. Doesn't mean the ones that we don't re-sign are duds. Doesn't mean that nobody can work with Laidley.

Laidley may not be a great coach (time will tell) but he takes his job very seriously, especially on match days. Which is what supporters want, surely.

bee dee said:
Agreed......you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

bluboy said:
Agreed......you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

You pay more than you can afford or are allowed and you get a team of rejects, inspired to over-achieve one year in a row by the recycling king. A bit too soon to get cocky about the value of your poached coach. And I'm happy for my club to be financially responsible in its hiring - a term your old board at least would have struggled with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangas in more turmoil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back